What are my chances? Looking to return to Washington, DC. Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
UnleashTheHockey

New

What are my chances? Looking to return to Washington, DC.

Post by UnleashTheHockey » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:07 pm

I am a 1L currently at a regional 70s school hoping to transfer up and back home. GPA 3.72 which projected as AT LEAST top 10% last year. We are not ranked until Spring semester but as of last years distribution I would have been roughly 25/450 (so top 7%?). Assuming I follow up with similar grades in the spring I was hoping for some input. I want to apply:

UVA (I have permanent VA address).

Early Decision at GULC

GW

GMU

Any thoughts? Chances? Recommendations?

Thanks.

quiver

Silver

Re: What are my chances? Looking to return to Washington, DC.

Post by quiver » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:09 pm

GMU probably isn't worth the transfer. GW may be worth it depending on how much money you're receiving at your current school and your career goals, but I'd generally advise against that too. GULC is certainly worth the EA app here. Good shot at UVA too if you can up your rank a bit; they take very few transfers but your residency gives you a fighting chance at least.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”