TTT Transfer Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
BlinkNC

New

TTT Transfer

Post by BlinkNC » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:28 pm

It's a bit early, but I want to get focused on the options I have. Attending a regional TTT. Did horrendously poorly on the LSAT (154), but am in the top 2% of my class after Fall semester (3.85). Looking at:

William and Mary
Washington and Lee
Wake Forest

Exhaustive list, I know - but that's why I'm here. Where else should I be looking for a mid-Atlantic transfer?

kaiser

Gold

Re: TTT Transfer

Post by kaiser » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:33 pm

BlinkNC wrote:It's a bit early, but I want to get focused on the options I have. Attending a regional TTT. Did horrendously poorly on the LSAT (154), but am in the top 2% of my class after Fall semester (3.85). Looking at:

William and Mary
Washington and Lee
Wake Forest

Exhaustive list, I know - but that's why I'm here. Where else should I be looking for a mid-Atlantic transfer?
If you are looking into these DC-area schools, maybe add GW and even GULC is possible with top 2%.

soitgoes9

Bronze

Post by soitgoes9 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:35 pm

+1

and if NC is north carolina UNC belongs on the list although i have no idea how many transfers they take.

BlinkNC

New

Post by BlinkNC » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:37 pm

My desired areas of practice are DC / Virginia Beach (Norfolk) / Raleigh, so I'll look into GW for sure. GULC looks rough, but they seem transfer-friendly. I'm not gunning for BigLaw in Chicago/NY/LA - actually focused on JAG at the moment.

@soitgoes9 - Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm under the impression UNC flat-out rejects transfers from other NC schools.

AlexanderSupertramp

Bronze

Post by AlexanderSupertramp » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:44 pm

BlinkNC wrote:My desired areas of practice are DC / Virginia Beach (Norfolk) / Raleigh, so I'll look into GW for sure. GULC looks rough, but they seem transfer-friendly. I'm not gunning for BigLaw in Chicago/NY/LA - actually focused on JAG at the moment.

@soitgoes9 - Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm under the impression UNC flat-out rejects transfers from other NC schools.
Yep, unless you have a verrrrrrrrrrrrrrry compelling reason...lower tuition, better rank do not count.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

soitgoes9

Bronze

Post by soitgoes9 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:51 pm

[quote="BlinkNC"]My desired areas of practice are DC / Virginia Beach (Norfolk) / Raleigh, so I'll look into GW for sure. GULC looks rough, but they seem transfer-friendly. I'm not gunning for BigLaw in Chicago/NY/LA - actually focused on JAG at the moment.

@soitgoes9 - Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm under the impression UNC flat-out rejects transfers from other NC schools.[/quote

Honestly I did not know that. Sorry to mislead. William and Mary could give you some options to perhaps clerk in VaBeach. BUT since you are focused on JAG I don't know how much you would gain form transferring. Has any one at your school done JAG? I would post on one of the JAG threads they may be able to give you better advice.

BlinkNC

New

Post by BlinkNC » Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:24 am

There are a small amount of JAG Alumni here (like... 3?) but in reality the best option is to transfer. I came to this school because I did not take the LSAT seriously and could not get to a good Virginia school when applying (and I was never taking that mfer again). William & Mary is by far my target school because I lived in Va Beach for so long and would like to return. I'm just trying to have a contingency plan in case W&M does not accept me.

So far my list is:

W&M (target)
W&L
Wake Forest
GULC (reach)
GW

1) Is UofRichmond even worth the thought?
2) Do I even stand a chance for UVa?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”