Top 1% T2

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Link4prez
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:57 am

Top 1% T2

Postby Link4prez » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:32 pm

I do not know for sure if I am top 1% but I have a 3.82 at a 3.0 median school. I've talked to people from previous years and they said that seems to always be top 1 or 2. My school is ranked around 70. While I am very content at my school, I was wondering where I would have a decent chance to transfer to if I was able to keep up my grades this coming semester. Thanks for the help and good luck to all you transfer students!

User avatar
bceagles182
Posts: 615
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:53 pm

Re: Top 1% T2

Postby bceagles182 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:40 pm

Link4prez wrote:I do not know for sure if I am top 1% but I have a 3.82 at a 3.0 median school. I've talked to people from previous years and they said that seems to always be top 1 or 2. My school is ranked around 70. While I am very content at my school, I was wondering where I would have a decent chance to transfer to if I was able to keep up my grades this coming semester. Thanks for the help and good luck to all you transfer students!


You know the answer to this question. Yes, you're in good shape as long as you're in the top 5%.

User avatar
quiver
Posts: 864
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:46 pm

Re: Top 1% T2

Postby quiver » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:14 am

Maintain your rank then blanket the T14 minus YHS (maybe apply to H if you're #1). Then see what happens.

Link4prez
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:57 am

Re: Top 1% T2

Postby Link4prez » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:45 am

Thanks for the advice. Do you think it would be worth it to transfer to a T14 or might it be better to be at the top of a T2?

Link4prez
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:57 am

Re: Top 1% T2

Postby Link4prez » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:02 am

Also, is it common for schools to reconsider scholarships depending on how well you do? I currently have a 3/4 ride with a top 1/3 stipulation. Some of my peers have full rides. Would it be uncommon for them to reconsider upping my scholarship?

User avatar
bernaldiaz
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:51 am

Re: Top 1% T2

Postby bernaldiaz » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:07 am

Link4prez wrote:Also, is it common for schools to reconsider scholarships depending on how well you do? I currently have a 3/4 ride with a top 1/3 stipulation. Some of my peers have full rides. Would it be uncommon for them to reconsider upping my scholarship?


Supposedly it depends on your school and probably on where you were accepted through transfer.

User avatar
bceagles182
Posts: 615
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:53 pm

Re: Top 1% T2

Postby bceagles182 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:14 am

Link4prez wrote:Thanks for the advice. Do you think it would be worth it to transfer to a T14 or might it be better to be at the top of a T2?



Will need more information to answer this.

1) Where do you go now?
2) Where do you want to practice?
3) What are your career goals?

User avatar
bceagles182
Posts: 615
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:53 pm

Re: Top 1% T2

Postby bceagles182 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:16 am

bernaldiaz wrote:
Link4prez wrote:Also, is it common for schools to reconsider scholarships depending on how well you do? I currently have a 3/4 ride with a top 1/3 stipulation. Some of my peers have full rides. Would it be uncommon for them to reconsider upping my scholarship?


Supposedly it depends on your school and probably on where you were accepted through transfer.


Depends where you go. It's not unheard of, but it's not common.

User avatar
tww909
Posts: 247
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:41 am

Re: Top 1% T2

Postby tww909 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:11 am

quiver wrote:Maintain your rank then blanket the T14 minus YHS (maybe apply to H if you're #1). Then see what happens.


it's not crazy to apply to Y and S also if you are #1 or 2. or at least SLS. we have one T2 transfer this year. he was #1 in his previous class.

CanadianWolf
Posts: 10439
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: Top 1% T2

Postby CanadianWolf » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:58 am

OP: If you want to live & work in Nevada after law school, then you are set. However, to expand your job options to include NYC, DC & Chicago, then consider transferring to a Top 14 law school. For California, try Stanford & Berkeley & Harvard.




Return to “Transfers”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.