Transfer Chances - T50, Top 10-15% Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
rockthered86

New

Transfer Chances - T50, Top 10-15%

Post by rockthered86 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:38 pm

Not quite sure of rank yet, but based on prior year's data from my school, my first semester gpa probably puts me somewhere in the 10-15% range. I also got one high-grade certificate.

What are my chances of getting into UVA, GULC, or GW? I'll try to apply EA to the two DC schools.

Big Shrimpin

Gold

Re: Transfer Chances - T50, Top 10-15%

Post by Big Shrimpin » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:42 pm

rockthered86 wrote:Not quite sure of rank yet, but based on prior year's data from my school, my first semester gpa probably puts me somewhere in the 10-15% range. I also got one high-grade certificate.

What are my chances of getting into UVA, GULC, or GW? I'll try to apply EA to the two DC schools.
Assuming you stay in that range: out at UVA, deferred then outside shot at GULC, and likely in at GW. I know because I was similarly situated and had similar results. Do better next semester and profit. GL!

PS: unless they changed the rules, there's no EA at GW.

shock259

Gold

Re: Transfer Chances - T50, Top 10-15%

Post by shock259 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:59 am

Same stats as OP here. Was hoping to crack the T14 if I kept these grades next semester, but I guess that will probably not be enough. Hopefully I'll do better, but I think that is going to be difficult.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”