T2 need advice on transferring

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Lyonsoccer87

T2 need advice on transferring

Postby Lyonsoccer87 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:24 am

My brother lives in DC and I also went to a T2 with the idea of transferring in the back of my head (dumb i agree). Anyways I got all my grades back

Property: A
Criminal: A-
Civil Pro: A
Contracts: A
LRW: B- (equally weighed...)

My GPA is a 3.668. Since receiving my grades, I have spent the whole time being depressed about what LRW did to my GPA. I think our median is about 2.67 but it could be as high as 3.0. I think i have a 70% chance of being in the top ten but if everyone did really well then i could drop down to the top 15%. I was born in a different country (mid east/fluent in Arabic) and i really want to work at a bigger firm where working in the gulf would be an option in the future.

So my question is should I apply ED to Gtown and Chicago? The perks of that is I would not have to worry about my LRW grade next semester, or should I take the risk of waiting till the summer to send out apps?

Lawquacious

Re: T2 need advice on transferring

Postby Lawquacious » Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:43 am

Georgetown early action.... Maaaaaaaaaaaaybe shot.. Other than that see how you do next semester... good luck!

CanadianWolf

Postby CanadianWolf » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:09 am

Apply ED to Chicago (if willing to attend if accepted since it is binding) & also apply to Georgetown based on your first semester grades. Your grades are outstanding--especially in light of a 3.0 or lower curve.

keg411

Postby keg411 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:04 pm

You need to figure out your medians and percentiles first before we can give you advice. If your GPA puts you in the top 5-10% you have a decent shot (but by no means guaranteed) of getting into GULC. But you need to know that before anything else -- because if you're more in the 10-15% range you're probably not getting into GULC (though it can't hurt to apply).

Also, forget Chicago ED. They generally don't seem to like people from T2's and you would probably get deferred even if you had close to a 4.0 if you look at last year's transfer cycle. So unless your grades put you at #1-3 in your class (either this semester or next), Chicago probably isn't worth it.

Return to “Transfers”