Transfer Resume - after receiving grades from new school? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
DaleInTexas2

New

Transfer Resume - after receiving grades from new school?

Post by DaleInTexas2 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:31 pm

Dear All,

There are several posts I've read here on how to list your "Education" on your resume as an incoming new transfer student. However, can anyone offer advice as to what to do after I've completed my first semester and received my grades and GPA from my new school?

Do I list the GPA for both the New School and Old School?
Do I keep or drop the Honors / Activities for my Old School?

Right now, the Resume looks something like this:

Education

New School
Candidate for J.D.

Old School
Old School GPA
Honors & Activities - List of Honors and Activities

Undergraduate College
GPA
Honors & Activities Info

I need to add the GPA, Honors, and Activities for my New School. Does that mean I remove some stuff from my Old School, since it is less relevant now, or does everything stay?

Thanks,
Dale

DaleInTexas2

New

Re: Transfer Resume - after receiving grades from new school?

Post by DaleInTexas2 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:22 pm

Still can't find anything on this online... Does nobody know, or just nobody cares?

Transferthrowaway

Silver

Post by Transferthrowaway » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:25 pm

DaleInTexas2 wrote:Still can't find anything on this online... Does nobody know, or just nobody cares?
Chill, dude. Your post was up for four hours. Ask your OCS.

3L Student

New

Post by 3L Student » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:48 pm

As a transfer with new grades, I just added my old school with it's GPA as a bullet point under my new school, along with honors and activities at my new school. I left off all of the activities/honors from old school unless it was something like highest grade in class. Worked fine for me. You should mainly be emphasizing your GPA from your old school (which should be very good if you're a transfer), and emphasizing the name of your new school and your new activities. Try not to drown that out with the old activities at your old school.

Example:

University of NEW SCHOOL
University of OLD SCHOOL. Completed first-year studies in the top 3% of class. Highest grades in Torts and Legal Research and Writing courses.
Other Random Activity. President.
Journal. Articles Editor

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”