Davis --> UCLA or USC? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
in_reverie

New

Davis --> UCLA or USC?

Post by in_reverie » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:48 pm

Since going from Davis (#23) to UCLA or USC isn't a huge jump, what kind of class ranking do you think would be sufficient? Would anywhere from 20-30% suffice?

I like it here, but I'm more estranged from the SoCal market than I thought when I first attended. Any help would be mucho appreciated.

farmernate

New

Re: Davis --> UCLA or USC?

Post by farmernate » Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:51 pm

eh, nothings ever a sure thing, just do your best to increase your chances. I have heard of top 10% going to Berkeley, CCN, and H.

UCLA and USC dominate the SoCal Biglaw market so it makes sense to transfer if you want to practice there, but if you do transfer, make sure you get in on early OCI to maximize your chances of landing a 2L SA.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”