Worst Transfer Stats?

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
quiver

Re: Worst Transfer Stats?

Postby quiver » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:20 pm

InGoodFaith wrote:
LOL Skool wrote:Well... I guess I'll be the first to actually answer this question rather than be condescending to the OP.

Anyway, I finished my 1L year at TTTT with a class rank just inside the top 40% (not very impressive I admit). My first semester was awful (I entered really young), but I improved immensely my second semester, which seemed to impress the school I transferred to. Also, unlike most other law students, I am a pleasant person with a decent personality. That seemed to impress them as well, and the combination allowed me to transfer from a TTTT to a T1 despite being just inside the top 40%.

Hmm, an account created 9 minutes ago solely to make this post... Either 1) an alt of OP or 2) someone new to TLS that really felt strongly about adding their input.
If this is not an alt, I have a few things to say.

You are not the "first to actually answer this question rather than be condescending." OP received valid, non-condescending answers throughout this thread. Most of us were genuinely trying to help the OP. Go back and look.

Second, I have to ask: how does the fact that you entered law school really young have any bearing on your "awful" first semester grades? I entered young as well and I did just fine first semester. Also, did you really get old enough between first and second semester to justify a drastic increase in GPA? Was it the fact that you aged about five months or the fact that you got more comfortable with law schools exams? I'll let you ponder that one.

Finally, I am legitimately curious as to how being a "pleasant person with a decent personality" helped at all in your transfer admissions. Did you have to interview to get into your T1 school? If not, it's hard to see how your self-assessed personality made any difference in your admittance; anyone can fake a good personality through a two page personal statement. I also have to note that, for someone who claims to be a pleasant person, you seem to be making a lot of condescending remarks yourself. Maybe you're included in your own "most law students" category rather than your special "pleasant person with a decent personality" category.

LOL Skool

Postby LOL Skool » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:40 am

quiver wrote:
InGoodFaith wrote:
LOL Skool wrote:Well... I guess I'll be the first to actually answer this question rather than be condescending to the OP.

Anyway, I finished my 1L year at TTTT with a class rank just inside the top 40% (not very impressive I admit). My first semester was awful (I entered really young), but I improved immensely my second semester, which seemed to impress the school I transferred to. Also, unlike most other law students, I am a pleasant person with a decent personality. That seemed to impress them as well, and the combination allowed me to transfer from a TTTT to a T1 despite being just inside the top 40%.

Hmm, an account created 9 minutes ago solely to make this post... Either 1) an alt of OP or 2) someone new to TLS that really felt strongly about adding their input.

You are not the "first to actually answer this question rather than be condescending." OP received valid, non-condescending answers throughout this thread. Most of us were genuinely trying to help the OP. Go back and look.

Second, I have to ask: how does the fact that you entered law school really young have any bearing on your "awful" first semester grades? I entered young as well and I did just fine first semester. Also, did you really get old enough between first and second semester to justify a drastic increase in GPA? Was it the fact that you aged about five months or the fact that you got more comfortable with law schools exams? I'll let you ponder that one.

Finally, I am legitimately curious as to how being a "pleasant person with a decent personality" helped at all in your transfer admissions. Did you have to interview to get into your T1 school? If not, it's hard to see how your self-assessed personality made any difference in your admittance; anyone can fake a good personality through a two page personal statement. I also have to note that, for someone who claims to be a pleasant person, you seem to be making a lot of condescending remarks yourself. Maybe you're included in your own "most law students" category rather than your special "pleasant person with a decent personality" category.

Quiver, if you are at all serious, I would be more than happy to talk with you and tell you all about my transfer process. That being said, I really don't appreciate your tone. It comes off as pretty rude and although it may be fulfilling to you now, that attitude will not get you far in the work place. As I said; I would be more than happy to discuss this with you if you are interested, but please show a little maturity and respect, after all, this is "professional school." Good luck on exams.

kaiser

Postby kaiser » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:42 am

LOL Skool wrote:
quiver wrote:
InGoodFaith wrote:

Quiver, if you are at all serious, I would be more than happy to talk with you and tell you all about my transfer process. That being said, I really don't appreciate your tone. It comes off as pretty rude and although it may be fulfilling to you now, that attitude will not get you far in the work place. As I said; I would be more than happy to discuss this with you if you are interested, but please show a little maturity and respect, after all, this is "professional school." Good luck on exams.

Lol, if quiver's tone bother's you, I don't think you are going to enjoy your TLS journey.

PS Given that you said you entered law school young and went straight through, you aren't exactly in a position to tell him what will get him far in the workplace

Danteshek

Postby Danteshek » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:35 am

At Loyola LA, we have transfers from TJ and La Verne. They were all in the top 5% or higher.

paratactical

Postby paratactical » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:42 am

LOL Skool wrote:That being said, I really don't appreciate your tone. It comes off as pretty rude and although it may be fulfilling to you now, that attitude will not get you far in the work place.

Having working in law firms for the last 5+ years, I heartily disagree.

MrKappus

Postby MrKappus » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:48 am

paratactical wrote:
LOL Skool wrote:That being said, I really don't appreciate your tone. It comes off as pretty rude and although it may be fulfilling to you now, that attitude will not get you far in the work place.

Having working in law firms for the last 5+ years, I heartily disagree.

lol

MrKappus

Postby MrKappus » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:50 am

kaiser wrote:PS Given that you said you entered law school young and went straight through, you aren't exactly in a position to tell him what will get him far in the workplace

Um no you're wrong. LOL Skool is 21 and worked at a videostore part time one summer during high school and is very well aware of what it takes to succeed in a workplace. He/She's very precocious and loves to learn (and having a pleasant, decent personality definitely helps).

tyro

Postby tyro » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:55 am

I can kind of tell that you are the OP. If you want to talk about it and help other people you could just post a "taking questions" thread. I'm sure there are other people at T3/4 schools looking to transfer up.

JoeMo

Postby JoeMo » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:14 am

LOL Skool wrote:Quiver, if you are at all serious, I would be more than happy to talk with you and tell you all about my transfer process. That being said, I really don't appreciate your tone. It comes off as pretty rude and although it may be fulfilling to you now, that attitude will not get you far in the work place. As I said; I would be more than happy to discuss this with you if you are interested, but please show a little maturity and respect, after all, this is "professional school." Good luck on exams.

Correction. This is not a professional school. This is not even a school. This is a message board. One where people get to make whatever comments they want to make about whatever douchery is going on without the danger of repercussions from their "professional school" counterparts.

Just thought I'd point that out. Quiver probably wouldn't address you that way in the hallway but on this board, all's fair.

Postby 20130312 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:47 am

JoeMo wrote:
LOL Skool wrote:Quiver, if you are at all serious, I would be more than happy to talk with you and tell you all about my transfer process. That being said, I really don't appreciate your tone. It comes off as pretty rude and although it may be fulfilling to you now, that attitude will not get you far in the work place. As I said; I would be more than happy to discuss this with you if you are interested, but please show a little maturity and respect, after all, this is "professional school." Good luck on exams.

Correction. This is not a professional school. This is not even a school. This is a message board. One where people get to make whatever comments they want to make about whatever douchery is going on without the danger of repercussions from their "professional school" counterparts.

Just thought I'd point that out. Quiver probably wouldn't address you that way in the hallway but on this board, all's fair.

I didn't even think Quiver's response was that bad :? Now if Quiver said LOL Skool was butthurt or mad, then I could see how this response might work (but still wouldn't be inaccurate).

JoeMo

Postby JoeMo » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:02 am

InGoodFaith wrote:
JoeMo wrote:

I didn't even think Quiver's response was that bad :? Now if Quiver said LOL Skool was butthurt or mad, then I could see how this response might work (but still wouldn't be inaccurate).

THIS - I seriously laugh at so many of your posts. You're one funny dude. +1

Postby 20130312 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:23 pm

JoeMo wrote:
InGoodFaith wrote:
JoeMo wrote:

THIS - I seriously laugh at so many of your posts. You're one funny dude. +1

Haha thanks Joe. I don't know how I'd get through the day at work if it weren't for being an idiot on the Internet.

Return to “Transfers”