T1 to T14 - 1L all over again

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
lawschoolgrapedme

T1 to T14 - 1L all over again

Postby lawschoolgrapedme » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:20 pm

Does anyone feel worried that they are going to see a major drop in there grades? Who would like to join me making things worse on TLS?

kaiser

Re: T1 to T14 - 1L all over again

Postby kaiser » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:31 pm

If I recall correctly, you had insanely good 1L grades at you original school (or else you wouldn't have been able to transfer anyway). You obviously know how to play the game, and that will translate over to your new school. Sure, you may not rank quite as high, but its not like a drop in grades is fatal. As far as 2L SA offers, the consensus (based on anecdotal evidence from people who actually asked) is that they only no-offer you based on grades if you bottom-out completely (i.e. you were getting A's, and now have C's in the mix). And the fact that you transferred would inherently give you a bit of extra leeway with regard to what kind of a drop would be tolerable. So I wouldn't worry too much. I'm in the same situation, and expect it to fall a bit, but not enough for it to adversely affect me (though I would like to keep grades high enough to possibly get a clerkship).

lawschoolgrapedme

Postby lawschoolgrapedme » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:41 am

Thanks for the confidence boost. I just have been seriously slacking off this semster. If I was working at a 10 last fall, I dropped to a 7 in the spring, and I'm at about a 3 now.

We'll see you it turns out and good luck to you as well.

keg411

Postby keg411 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:31 am

I'm 99% sure my grades are going to take an extreme drop-off... and I'm okay with that. The OCI process just took too much out of me, both mentally and physically and I haven't been able to recover from that. Plus, I'm pretty sure I don't want to clerk which hurts my motivation even more.

On the plus side, though, I'm taking a light semester, so my GPA should have time to rebound, and combined with the upper level curve. Never did I think I'd be praying for all B+'s :lol:.

quiver

Postby quiver » Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:47 am

lawschoolgrapedme wrote:Does anyone feel worried that they are going to see a major drop in there grades? Who would like to join me making things worse on TLS?
Me. Very worried actually.

Transferthrowaway

Postby Transferthrowaway » Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:49 am

Putting mad library hours in again this year. Sucks.

downstream

Postby downstream » Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:35 am

yikes
Last edited by downstream on Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

lawschoolgrapedme

Postby lawschoolgrapedme » Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:20 pm

Not to freak anyone out, but the midterm results are in. I got an A on 1 midterm, and a B on another (my first B of law school). Sign of things to come?

quiver

Postby quiver » Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:50 pm

lawschoolgrapedme wrote:Not to freak anyone out, but the midterm results are in. I got an A on 1 midterm, and a B on another (my first B of law school). Sign of things to come?
Unsure. Congrats on the A though

Return to “Transfers”