Would I apply Transfer applicant or regular 1L Applicant?

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
balenciaga23

Would I apply Transfer applicant or regular 1L Applicant?

Postby balenciaga23 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:08 pm

I am currently a 1L at an ABA approved law school and due to an unfortunate series of events, must transfer out. I am going to withdraw or take a leave of absence before I take my mid-terms and have any grades on record.

I will begin again in 2012 as a 1L. However, I am not sure how to apply to other schools. Would I apply as a transfer applicant (even though I have no grades) or as a regular 1L?

Any advice/ knowledge would be appreciated! Thank you!!!

kaiser

Re: Would I apply Transfer applicant or regular 1L Applicant?

Postby kaiser » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:10 pm

If you are beginning again as a 1L, you will not be a transfer student, and would just be applying for regular admission to the new school. Transfers must have completed at least some portion of law school and have grades on file.

vanwinkle

Re: Would I apply Transfer applicant or regular 1L Applicant?

Postby vanwinkle » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:15 pm

kaiser wrote:If you are beginning again as a 1L, you will not be a transfer student, and would just be applying for regular admission to the new school. Transfers must have completed at least some portion of law school and have grades on file.

This is TCR.

Also, locked for duplicate threads. One thread per topic. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=170922

Return to “Transfers”