URM Transfers

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
AdamAndSteve

URM Transfers

Postby AdamAndSteve » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:57 pm

I am not asking anybody to gauge my personal chances, but I am interested in one thing:

Does the URM bump apply to transfer applicants like it does to original applicants?

JamMasterJ

Re: URM Transfers

Postby JamMasterJ » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:59 pm

AdamAndSteve wrote:I am not asking anybody to gauge my personal chances, but I am interested in one thing:

Does the URM bump apply to transfer applicants like it does to original applicants?

start reading in section 5

AdamAndSteve

Postby AdamAndSteve » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:07 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:
AdamAndSteve wrote:I am not asking anybody to gauge my personal chances, but I am interested in one thing:

Thank you. I hadn't seen that before.
For those who won't click the link: it's basically inconclusive because there is little data supplying the assumption. There is probably a little bump.

concurrent fork

Postby concurrent fork » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:19 pm

AdamAndSteve wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:

For those who won't click the link: it's basically inconclusive because there is little data supplying the assumption. There is probably a little bump.

I wouldn't count on any bump. To the extent that URM matters it is likely only as a tiebreaker and not nearly as important as other softs like WE.

4gttngBrandonMarshal

Postby 4gttngBrandonMarshal » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:27 pm

concurrent fork wrote:
AdamAndSteve wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:

I wouldn't count on any bump. To the extent that URM matters it is likely only as a tiebreaker and not nearly as important as other softs like WE.

What's WE?

concurrent fork

Postby concurrent fork » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:47 pm

4gttngBrandonMarshal wrote:What's WE?

work experience

lawschoolgrapedme

Postby lawschoolgrapedme » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:11 pm

I transferred to CCN this year. There were about 45 of us. Here is the breakdown:

40 Male:
38 White and 2 URM

5 Female
3 White and 2 URM

I'm not generally speaking either, this is nearly precise (strange to say nearly precise, I know).

keg411

Postby keg411 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:38 pm

lawschoolgrapedme wrote:I transferred to CCN this year. There were about 45 of us. Here is the breakdown:

40 Male:
38 White and 2 URM

5 Female
3 White and 2 URM

I'm not generally speaking either, this is nearly precise (strange to say nearly precise, I know).

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Wow. BTW, there are a disproportionate number of guys in the Michigan transfer class too. It's like 7-8 girls and 30-something guys.

quiver

Postby quiver » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:37 pm

lawschoolgrapedme wrote:I transferred to CCN this year. There were about 45 of us. Here is the breakdown:

40 Male:
38 White and 2 URM

5 Female
3 White and 2 URM

If this is CLS then it is slightly incorrect. I'm looking at the facebook pamphlet (listing our names with our pictures). There are 39 total (in the pamphlet): 27 Male and 12 Female. Not sure about URMs though. Although the pamphlet might be incomplete (I know of at least one transfer not in there), those are at least the minimum numbers.

Wholigan

Postby Wholigan » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:26 pm

40 Male:
38 White and 2 URM

5 Female
3 White and 2 URM

There were no asians in your transfer class?

random5483

Postby random5483 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:11 am

keg411 wrote:

40 Male:
38 White and 2 URM

5 Female
3 White and 2 URM

Wow. BTW, there are a disproportionate number of guys in the Michigan transfer class too. It's like 7-8 girls and 30-something guys.

I noticed the same thing as well.

If I were to guess, guys probably are more willing to take a risk and transfer. Or maybe girls are just smarter and make better choices earlier on.

koalatriste

Postby koalatriste » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:00 pm

random5483 wrote:
keg411 wrote:

40 Male:
38 White and 2 URM

5 Female
3 White and 2 URM

I noticed the same thing as well.

If I were to guess, guys probably are more willing to take a risk and transfer. Or maybe girls are just smarter and make better choices LSAT scores earlier on.

fixed.

Return to “Transfers”