60K more in debt and go to a T2 or stay at T4?

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
scrowell

Re: 60K more in debt and go to a T2 or stay at T4?

Postby scrowell » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:19 pm

kapital98 wrote:
scrowell wrote:
$1.99 wrote:now i know why you defend TJ. you go to CUNY lol

Obviously I'm aware of that. But realize that we all have different goals. Who said that OP wants to compete for the same jobs as Harvard grads? I'm assuming that's not the case, so I don't think a hard worker in the 10% of TJ will have a hard time getting some type of legal employment: --LinkRemoved--

This is absolutely right.

Why should where Scrowell goes to school matter? They are offering helpful advice (and check out his/her prior posts -- very funny: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123652.)

Hey thank you! If you're the entrepreneurial sort, we should open a law firm together in NM if you're into that too.

$1.99

Postby $1.99 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:26 am

it matters because he or she is in the same delusional state was the TJ student thinking that they will be fine coming from a garbage school just because they are not after biglaw

yo!

Postby yo! » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:31 am

scrowell wrote:
Lawl Shcool wrote:
ndirish2010 wrote:
LOL.

Look man, I would bet good money you don't know anyone who goes or went to TJ and have never been to the school. I bet it feels great to go to a quasi-good school and bash people at lower ranked schools anonymously on the internet. It makes you feel special right?

Don't worry about that guy. He's posted in a few of my threads and he seems like a jerk. Comparing people with lower LSAT scores to monkeys is pretty cruel. Only someone with their own insecurities to deal with would write something like that.

this

yo!

Postby yo! » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:37 am

$1.99 wrote:
scrowell wrote:Yes, there has been a lawsuit against TJ, but even "great" schools like BC have faced them as well: http://www.bostonherald.com/news/region ... id=1290088. I don't see anyone crapping on that place on this board. If you ask me, it's laughable that people sue their respective schools for their own shortcomings. This says much more about the horrific character of the plaintiffs than it does about TJSL or BC. Anyone who feels that entitled doesn't deserve to get a job anyway, so I don't see how that applies to the OP-clearly a hard working person looking to better his/her situation through hard work, as demonstrated by his/her grades.

are you five years old where you live in your own world where hard work = better situation/success all the time? yes they can work hard at a disgraceful school like TJ but they have to compete with hard workers who attend schools like harvard. hard workers are everywhere bud.

now i know why you defend TJ. you go to CUNY lol

If you want people to take you seriously, stop acting like such a shithead. Even though most of what you are saying is valid, the fact that you call names and act like such an asshole makes many people (myself included) ignore whatever point you are making and think "I'm glad I don't personally know this d-bag." hth.

zanda

Postby zanda » Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:07 am

if not dropping out, I'd stay.

ndirish2010

Postby ndirish2010 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:19 am

scrowell wrote:
Lawl Shcool wrote:
ndirish2010 wrote:
LOL.

Look man, I would bet good money you don't know anyone who goes or went to TJ and have never been to the school. I bet it feels great to go to a quasi-good school and bash people at lower ranked schools anonymously on the internet. It makes you feel special right?

Don't worry about that guy. He's posted in a few of my threads and he seems like a jerk. Comparing people with lower LSAT scores to monkeys is pretty cruel. Only someone with their own insecurities to deal with would write something like that.

Right, I'm a jerk. Realism stings. Nobody wants to hire TJ grads, the school is awful, no matter how much you might think that your "hard work" will get you over the top. Use that "hard work" to study for the LSAT and get into a better school.

Lawl Shcool

Postby Lawl Shcool » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:22 am

$1.99 wrote:it matters because he or she is in the same delusional state was the TJ student thinking that they will be fine coming from a garbage school just because they are not after biglaw

Give it up. It is obvious that everyone in this thread understands the risks of attending a lower ranked school, theres no need to just keep blindly bashing TJ. I've gone to two different law schools and the people/profs at TJ are no different than the ones at my t10. If I had to guess you come on here to rip lower ranked schools because you can't find a job and think that TJ grads are flooding the market preventing you from being employed. When in reality, you are likely very similar to most law students: a pretentious dork who has been spoon-fed everything his whole life that thinks you "deserve" something because you go to a decent school.

Lawl Shcool

Postby Lawl Shcool » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:24 am

ndirish2010 wrote:
scrowell wrote:
Lawl Shcool wrote:
ndirish2010 wrote:
LOL.

Right, I'm a jerk. Realism stings. Nobody wants to hire TJ grads, the school is awful, no matter how much you might think that your "hard work" will get you over the top. Use that "hard work" to study for the LSAT and get into a better school.

Dude, go away. I went to TJ and I know first hand that with hard work coming out of there you can do something. You are providing nothing to this thread.

ndirish2010

Postby ndirish2010 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:09 am

Lawl Shcool wrote:Dude, go away. I went to TJ and I know first hand that with hard work coming out of there you can do something. You are providing nothing to this thread.

Dude, I think I can post in whatever thread I want. Way to bash the rest of your classmates. They didn't "work hard" enough?

Lawl Shcool

Postby Lawl Shcool » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:29 am

ndirish2010 wrote:
Lawl Shcool wrote:Dude, go away. I went to TJ and I know first hand that with hard work coming out of there you can do something. You are providing nothing to this thread.

Dude, I think I can post in whatever thread I want. Way to bash the rest of your classmates. They didn't "work hard" enough?

No...almost all of my former classmates from there have jobs. Most aren't working in biglaw, but some are and many students there aren't looking at big firms anyways.

scrowell

Postby scrowell » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:13 pm

ndirish2010 wrote:
scrowell wrote:
Lawl Shcool wrote:
ndirish2010 wrote:
LOL.

I didn't say you were a jerk for having that opinion, or even for sharing that opinion. I said you being a jerk for comparing students at lower-ranking schools to chimps or monkeys or whatever. There's really no need for that.

scrowell

Postby scrowell » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:46 pm

Lawl Shcool wrote:
$1.99 wrote:it matters because he or she is in the same delusional state was the TJ student thinking that they will be fine coming from a garbage school just because they are not after biglaw

Give it up. It is obvious that everyone in this thread understands the risks of attending a lower ranked school, theres no need to just keep blindly bashing TJ. I've gone to two different law schools and the people/profs at TJ are no different than the ones at my t10. If I had to guess you come on here to rip lower ranked schools because you can't find a job and think that TJ grads are flooding the market preventing you from being employed. When in reality, you are likely very similar to most law students: a pretentious dork who has been spoon-fed everything his whole life that thinks you "deserve" something because you go to a decent school.

I've always held this opinion to a certain extent as well. As far as I can imagine, there are only two reasons for coming on this forum and telling everyone to "retake" or "drop out". This first is outlined above by lawlschool. The second is just so that you can feel superior and prestigious for going to a well respected school. In any case, I think it just comes down to insecurity. If people here were so confident that they would be successful attorneys, they wouldn't bother ripping people who go to lower ranked schools. It just doesn't make sense, and it's like elementary school bullying.

And don't even BS us with the "we want to help people" spiel. We all know that you all would be the first to cut throats in order to get those coveted biglaw jobs.

$1.99

Postby $1.99 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:58 pm

what are you talking about foolio? going to TJ is a risk that doesn't justify the potential returns. bet $100 for a chance to earn $1? also, i never blasted TJ's teachers/curriculum. i have no doubt there is very little difference in the actual teaching, what i am saying is the school name on your diploma does have a huge difference in your legal future. this has nothing to do with me being a prestige whore, it has to do with reality. and why do you make assumptions about me like i am spoon fed that make you look retarded. taking a blind shot? by the way, the last thing i am worried about is TJ grads preventing me from getting a job lol.

$1.99

Postby $1.99 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:59 pm

by the way, how do you know what a T10 school is like if you just applied to transfer in the spring? stop lying douche.

random5483

Postby random5483 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:02 pm

scrowell wrote:
Lawl Shcool wrote:

I've always held this opinion to a certain extent as well. As far as I can imagine, there are only two reasons for coming on this forum and telling everyone to "retake" or "drop out". This first is outlined above by lawlschool. The second is just so that you can feel superior and prestigious for going to a well respected school. In any case, I think it just comes down to insecurity. If people here were so confident that they would be successful attorneys, they wouldn't bother ripping people who go to lower ranked schools. It just doesn't make sense, and it's like elementary school bullying.

And don't even BS us with the "we want to help people" spiel. We all know that you all would be the first to cut throats in order to get those coveted biglaw jobs.

Not everyone here has bad intentions. The legal economy is weak. There are not enough jobs (even the poorly paid ones) to support everyone. People who do poorly in lower ranked schools remain jobless or pick jobs that don't require a legal education. Choosing to go to a low ranked school is a risky proposition for many, especially since opening your own office is very risky for a new lawyer. With that said, as long as the person knows the risk, attending a low ranked school is their choice.

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:03 pm

$1.99 wrote:by the way, how do you know what a T10 school is like if you just applied to transfer in the spring? stop lying douche.

I think he transferred last year, spent his 2L at Boalt, is a rising 3L now, and often gives advice to people wishing to transfer to Boalt—hence his presence in this spring's transfer threads.

random5483

Postby random5483 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:04 pm

$1.99 wrote:by the way, how do you know what a T10 school is like if you just applied to transfer in the spring? stop lying douche.

If you are talking about Big Lawl, he attended Berkeley last year. He is a third year student.

By the way, Big Lawl, not stalking you. But I applied to Berkeley this cycle and read the old threads.

zanda

Postby zanda » Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:10 pm

There's a difference between attacking TTT students and trying to be honest about the prospects faced by TTT students. The former happens here, but more frequently I see people confusing the latter with the former.

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:15 pm

Lawl Shcool wrote:I've gone to two different law schools and the people/profs at TJ are no different than the ones at my t10.

Really? I've talked to people who have transferred from T10s to T6s or T1s to T10s and they all take about how much more competitive and on top of things the students at the new school are as a whole. I'm not saying you're lying or wrong, I just find it surprising that the students at Thomas Jefferson are completely and totally indistinguishable, on every level, from the students at Berkeley.

de5igual

Postby de5igual » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:28 pm

zanda wrote:There's a difference between attacking TTT students and trying to be honest about the prospects faced by TTT students. The former happens here, but more frequently I see people confusing the latter with the former.

+1

some of the comments in this thread have been ridiculously offensive.

Lawl Shcool

Postby Lawl Shcool » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:14 am

Helmholtz wrote:
Really? I've talked to people who have transferred from T10s to T6s or T1s to T10s and they all take about how much more competitive and on top of things the students at the new school are as a whole. I'm not saying you're lying or wrong, I just find it surprising that the students at Thomas Jefferson are completely and totally indistinguishable, on every level, from the students at Berkeley.

I should clarify my statement here, the students are not totally indistinguishable. Broadly speaking, the level of intelligence is higher at Berkeley, however, the attentiveness and level of effort is pretty much the same. Furthermore, the students are similar socially. That is, both schools are filled with nerds of all kinds (I include myself in this and say it with love, we are all law students after all). I don't think students are any more on top of things or competitive, if anything Berkeley students slack off more since our grading systems allows for it.

zanda wrote:There's a difference between attacking TTT students and trying to be honest about the prospects faced by TTT students. The former happens here, but more frequently I see people confusing the latter with the former.

Very nicely said.

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:18 am

Lawl Shcool wrote:I should clarify my statement here, the students are not totally indistinguishable. Broadly speaking, the level of intelligence is higher at Berkeley, however, the attentiveness and level of effort is pretty much the same. Furthermore, the students are similar socially. That is, both schools are filled with nerds of all kinds (I include myself in this and say it with love, we are all law students after all). I don't think students are any more on top of things or competitive, if anything Berkeley students slack off more since our grading systems allows for it.

Maybe this has something to do with seeing students at a time when grades are EVERYTHING (i.e. during 1L) as opposed to when grades are something, but certainly not to the degree they were during 1L? Or maybe it is just more of a Berkeley grading thing.

Lawl Shcool

Postby Lawl Shcool » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:13 am

Helmholtz wrote:
Maybe this has something to do with seeing students at a time when grades are EVERYTHING (i.e. during 1L) as opposed to when grades are something, but certainly not to the degree they were during 1L? Or maybe it is just more of a Berkeley grading thing.

I think it could be due to a combination of these factors plus that law students tend to be fairly hard working people in general. I guess my main point is that you could pluck 5-10 students at random from either school and put them at the other for a week and nobody would notice a difference.

$1.99

Postby $1.99 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:40 pm

yeah anyone who attended or attends a TTT tends to believe that

firemed

Postby firemed » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:54 pm

$1.99 wrote:yeah anyone who attended or attends a TTT tends to believe that

Dude, he is at Berkeley... your posts are just looking like the "Attack of the Sore Loser" show at this point.

Return to “Transfers”