Transfer out of Stanford?

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Which would you pick?

Sweat it out at Stanford
No votes
Cool it off at Cooley
100%
Meet halfway at Michigan
No votes

Total votes: 2

WestCoastLawStudent

Transfer out of Stanford?

Postby WestCoastLawStudent » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:48 am

I am a rising 2L at Stanford. Don't know exact class rank, but based on previous years I am probably around the top 5%. In the last year, it has become clear to me that I want to end up practicing law in Lansing, Michigan. My question, then, is whether it is a good idea to transfer to either Michigan or to Cooley Law School. What do you guys think about "downgrading" law schools? Are the regional connections that Cooley or Michigan would bring me invaluable?

Kilpatrick

Re: Transfer out of Stanford?

Postby Kilpatrick » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:49 am

blacklawboss

Postby blacklawboss » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:50 am

Go for it at Cooley! I hear they are the #1 in hiring. Smart choice!

Gemini

Postby Gemini » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:52 am

Cooley says they're the second best law school in America. Stanford is third. Ergo, you will be UPGRADING.

vanwinkle

Postby vanwinkle » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:53 am

WestCoastLawStudent wrote:I am a rising 2L at Stanford. Don't know exact class rank, but based on previous years I am probably around the top 5%. In the last year, it has become clear to me that I want to end up practicing law in Lansing, Michigan. My question, then, is whether it is a good idea to transfer to either Michigan or to Cooley Law School. What do you guys think about "downgrading" law schools? Are the regional connections that Cooley or Michigan would bring me invaluable?

Don't troll.

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:54 am

Easily in the bottom 5% of trolling attempts on this site. And that's saying a lot.

Return to “Transfers”