Chicago transfers- where are you living? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
sundance1988

New

Chicago transfers- where are you living?

Post by sundance1988 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:18 pm

Any idea of where you plan to live if you're transferring into UChicago this year? I'm leaning toward living downtown somewhere. Anyone else? I've only been to Chicago once (for about half a day), so I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing.

Transferthrowaway

Silver

Re: Chicago transfers- where are you living?

Post by Transferthrowaway » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:20 pm

I am living in Regents. I talked to one other person who is as well. Also, what the heck are you doing about your bidlist? I feel so lost right now trying to make this thing.

sundance1988

New

Post by sundance1988 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:54 pm

Anyone else?

buxfactor

New

Post by buxfactor » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:51 am

As a transfer last year, I found living in Hyde Park the most convenient option (surprisingly, it was tolerable, even if you wanted to go out downtown). I lived at Regents. However, for my 3L year, I am living in downtown (Streeterville). The commute is probably going to suck, but I don't plan on taking many early classes (or many classes at all).

Feel free to PM me with questions / want to split a potential referral bonus for Regents.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”