Paid deposit but got in top choice..

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
RockyMtnLvr

Paid deposit but got in top choice..

Postby RockyMtnLvr » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:09 pm

Can I "withdraw"? I paid the deposit and bid for OCI but I got into USC today. I know I'll lose the deposit.

blurbz

Re: Paid deposit but got in top choice..

Postby blurbz » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:25 pm

Of course you can. Why wouldn't you be able to?

RockyMtnLvr

Postby RockyMtnLvr » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:36 pm

I was going to send a letter and be tactful about it, but I'm not sure if I should do that or not.

keg411

Postby keg411 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:05 pm

You can withdraw after paying a seat deposit. You just lose it. (Unless for whatever reason the wording said it was binding, but I'd bet that's doubtful).

Return to “Transfers”