Desperately Need Help Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

WUSTL or UIUC (please read my post before voting)

WUSTL
31%
UIUC
69%

Total votes: 16

rshakle

New

Desperately Need Help

Post by rshakle » Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:09 pm

I desperately need help deciding whether to transfer to UIUC or WUSTL. I am currently t25% at my Chicago T2. I know I want to transfer, not sure which school.
My primary market that I will be seeking is Chicago, but might want to move to West Coast and would like to have options out there as well. I know I want to work in a law firm, not necessarily big law (though I will obviously try for it.)

I'm trying arrive at a decision without considering COA (as I am fortunate enough to have someone else financing)
Please help. I'm waffling on this decision every 2 hours!

Thanks in advance

Nicholasnickynic

Silver

Re: Desperately Need Help

Post by Nicholasnickynic » Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:24 pm

rshakle wrote:I desperately need help deciding whether to transfer to UIUC or WUSTL. I am currently t25% at my Chicago T2. I know I want to transfer, not sure which school.
My primary market that I will be seeking is Chicago, but might want to move to West Coast and would like to have options out there as well. I know I want to work in a law firm, not necessarily big law (though I will obviously try for it.)

I'm trying arrive at a decision without considering COA (as I am fortunate enough to have someone else financing)

Thanks in advance
I don't thin top 25% is high enough to transfer anywhere. At least not a significant gain- I know top14 is definitely out.

zanda

Silver

Post by zanda » Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:26 pm

Nicholasnickynic wrote:
rshakle wrote:I desperately need help deciding whether to transfer to UIUC or WUSTL. I am currently t25% at my Chicago T2. I know I want to transfer, not sure which school.

Thanks in advance
I don't thin top 25% is high enough to transfer anywhere. At least not a significant gain- I know top14 is definitely out.
He gave the 2 schools that are his options.

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:31 pm

I think your interest in Chicago pushes things toward UIUC. However, I suspect the real deciding factor should be this: Would you rather spend two years in Urbana, or St. Louis?

rshakle

New

Post by rshakle » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:37 pm

Nicholasnickynic wrote:

Thanks in advance

I've already been accepted at both. I need help deciding which to transfer to.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

traehekat

Gold

Post by traehekat » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:45 pm

any info on how transfer fair at either school? are you giving up any money?

ndirish2010

Gold

Post by ndirish2010 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:39 pm

I would transfer to UIUC. You're not likely to get something out of OCI from either school, and being at UIUC will give you more alumni in Chicago to contact during your job search.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”