SMU v. UHLC Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Which law school is the best investment?

SMU
20%
UHLC
80%

Total votes: 10

tmikami

New

SMU v. UHLC

Post by tmikami » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:19 am

I'm interested in hearing which law school TLS users would choose to attend as a transfer. I'm aware that they are both regional schools, and I'll likely end up practicing in Texas after attending either of them. Does anyone think attending SMU is worth the extra $14,000 a year? Thanks for any input.

nouseforaname123

Bronze

Re: SMU v. UHLC

Post by nouseforaname123 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:26 am

UH for Houston.

SMU for Dallas.

Really, it's that simple.

If you can't decide which market you prefer, most people that opine on the topic suggest the Houston legal market has weathered ITE better than Dallas. Combined with the lower COA, UH would seem like the way to go.

deadpanic

Silver

Post by deadpanic » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:45 am

SMU is probably not worth sticker, UH probably is (assuming in-state)

Stryka

New

Post by Stryka » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:03 pm

nouseforaname123 wrote:UH for Houston.

SMU for Dallas.

Really, it's that simple.

If you can't decide which market you prefer, most people that opine on the topic suggest the Houston legal market has weathered ITE better than Dallas. Combined with the lower COA, UH would seem like the way to go.

Very true. Houston is a better market currently than Dallas. UH is a fantastic school and I don't see paying 14k more worth it. UH would be better choice.

Allsmiles08

New

Post by Allsmiles08 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:26 pm

Unless you have specific plans to get back to Dallas, your only factor would be money. Therefore, I'd have to go with UH as well ;-) Good luck to you!

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:27 pm

UHouston is the better investment for Houston, SMU for Dallas (but not at sticker). At sticker price, it really depends upon the individual's circumstances, in my opinion.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”