Darn you all. I'm going. Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Choose

Stay at NU
20%
Go to H-----D
54%
Go to H--l
26%

Total votes: 94

SchopenhauerFTW

Gold

Re: Darn you all. I'm going.

Post by SchopenhauerFTW » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:03 am

lawyerkobe wrote:Also, do you mean Personal Injury law? Because that's even worse.
I chuckled.

thesealocust

Platinum

Post by thesealocust » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:03 am

f7u12 wrote:Vanwinkle, do you really think your conduct ITT is appropriate? You'd ban anyone else for doing something similar.
wut? VW hasn't done anything even close to out of line ITT.

Thirteen

Diamond

Post by Thirteen » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:05 am

IAFG wrote:HLS is forever. It will open doors for you FOREVER. The alumni network is huge. It's a panty-dropper (it worked on me, until it started working on hotter chicks and he dumped me). This OCI is just a tiny part of your entire career.
This. Congrats, and enjoy Harvard.

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:06 am

Desert Fox wrote:IAFG has a magical V5 vagina too. If HLS works on it, I smell a bright future.
This is pushing the envelope for the on-topic forums. Let's try not to do that.

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:09 am

vanwinkle wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:IAFG has a magical V5 vagina too. If HLS works on it, I smell a bright future.
This is pushing the envelope for the on-topic forums. Let's try not to do that.
I thought this thread was off topic after you repeatedly called flame because a certain school back east, in Cambridge, ever hear of it?, didn't give you the same fin aid app package.

My mistake.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lawyerkobe

New

Post by lawyerkobe » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:09 am

Eh. I'm feeling left out of the joke. What does all that stand for?

IAFG

Platinum

Post by IAFG » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:11 am

I'll be charging $20/each for Ash Wednesday style anointments each morning of OCI ($50 on the days K&E is interviewing).

D-hops

Silver

Post by D-hops » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:12 am

vanwinkle wrote:You must be a troll because I didn't get financial aid at Harvard until after I accepted my transfer to Harvard once Harvard offered me a spot at Harvard. Plus, I know about Harvard and you clearly don't fit in at Harvard
I think this is real and, OP, I don't think you should transfer. I think you are in a good position at NU and Harvard is not anything spec-
vanwinkle wrote:--ImageRemoved--

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:14 am

This is an on-topic forum. Continued trolling will result in bans.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

existenz

Silver

Post by existenz » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:36 am

I'd take Harvard over that T12 Old Folks' Home.

rayiner

Platinum

Post by rayiner » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:43 am

Didn't read the thread, but IMHO HLS is forever. Think of all the pipe you'll be able to lay in Boston with a "Harvard" sweatshirt.

stapledtwice

New

Post by stapledtwice » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:21 am

Just wanted to confirm they're handling fin aid immediately for admits this year. Fill out the form quickly, then get your package quickly. Similar turnaround here.

D.Wilde

Bronze

Post by D.Wilde » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:36 am

Vanwinkle,

I've been chatting with lawyerkobe for around a week and a half about the transfer decision in PMs. He's legit.

Lawyerkobe,

No choice is wrong here, and if you think you'll regret not going to Harvard (I would), then come on over to Cambridge. We'll be thrilled to have you! Biglaw prospects will not be worse (possibly better), you can get a 3L TA position with an awesome professor (I did), and with the need-based aid you're getting, the cost is close enough to definitely merit the jump.

HLS is an amazing school, and if you advocate for yourself, you can gain access to incredible opportunities. Feel free to PM me again if you'd like to chat about course selection or EIP.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:51 am

stapledtwice wrote:Just wanted to confirm they're handling fin aid immediately for admits this year. Fill out the form quickly, then get your package quickly. Similar turnaround here.
That's ... amazing.

Should make the choice easier, too. OP, if you can get $30k/yr out of HLS, then that's a huge push in favor of going.

thesealocust

Platinum

Post by thesealocust » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:54 am

vanwinkle wrote:
stapledtwice wrote:Just wanted to confirm they're handling fin aid immediately for admits this year. Fill out the form quickly, then get your package quickly. Similar turnaround here.
That's ... amazing.

Should make the choice easier, too. OP, if you can get $30k/yr out of HLS, then that's a huge push in favor of going.
Maybe they felt they lost a lot of potential people last year due to taking their sweet time with fin aid? I honestly have a difficult time imagining a motivation dire enough to make a financial aid office do anything until the deadline has passed by months and the students are living on bubble gum wrappers and beer from discarded cans just to survive.

bdubs

Gold

Post by bdubs » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:01 am

Probably the wrong thread for this, but did they take your student loans from law school out of your assets to determine the "contribution from assets"?

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:15 am

thesealocust wrote:Maybe they felt they lost a lot of potential people last year due to taking their sweet time with fin aid? I honestly have a difficult time imagining a motivation dire enough to make a financial aid office do anything until the deadline has passed by months and the students are living on bubble gum wrappers and beer from discarded cans just to survive.
That's pretty much my thought process, but whatever the motivation, it's a welcome change.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

bjsesq

Diamond

Post by bjsesq » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:14 am

lawyerkobe wrote:Wants my girlfriend?
And now I know who you are. Congrats on the grades, man. That is great shit.

lawyerkobe

New

Post by lawyerkobe » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:11 pm

bjsesq wrote:
Thanks. But you'll have to fight it out with Holly- I don't take sides in this kind of thing.

bjsesq

Diamond

Post by bjsesq » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:31 am

lawyerkobe wrote:
bjsesq wrote:
Thanks. But you'll have to fight it out with Holly- I don't take sides in this kind of thing.
LOL. Holly gets dibs. She always gets dibs.

transferquest

New

Post by transferquest » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:03 pm

I just love the panty dropper line. What kind of tool needs to say where he goes to law school to get laid?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

D-hops

Silver

Post by D-hops » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:10 pm

transferquest wrote:I just love the panty dropper line. What kind of tool needs to say where he goes to law school to get laid?
Dude, if you go to HLS that shit works faster than Brad Pitt could pick someone up with his good looks and charm. The H-bomb is like an express pass to pussy.

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:12 pm

D-hops wrote:
transferquest wrote:I just love the panty dropper line. What kind of tool needs to say where he goes to law school to get laid?
Dude, if you go to HLS that shit works faster than Brad Pitt could pick someone up with his good looks and charm. The H-bomb is like an express pass to pussy.
You vommed a little writing out " pass to pussy" didn't you?

D-hops

Silver

Post by D-hops » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:14 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
D-hops wrote:
You vommed a little writing out " pass to pussy" didn't you?
Yeah, just a little.

transferquest

New

Post by transferquest » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:32 pm

Well good thing I'm going to be a cavalier...otherwise i'd have to double my annual expenses on tetracycline and paper bags. I'll take southern ladies anytime....

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Transfers”