New BU/BC People, Looking for Housing? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
smiley

Bronze

New BU/BC People, Looking for Housing?

Post by smiley » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:50 pm

Hey guys, I'm off to NYC and looking for someone to take over my room in a 2 bedroom apartment. It's in Brighton, right on the B line at the Washington St stop. It takes about 15 minutes to get to the tower on the T. It's also three stops the other direction to BC. The apartment is about 900 sf, and the room is a really nice size with three big windows and good light. It's only $750 per month, which you'll figure out soon is really great. Also fantastic is that you don't have to find a roommate, one comes supplied. He's a 22 year old recent grad from Kansas, starting work at Harvard in August. You'll both be moving in around the same time, so you can set up the place together. Move in date is negotiable from mid August to September 1 :)

smiley

Bronze

Re: New BU/BC People, Looking for Housing?

Post by smiley » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:28 am

bumpity bump.

jdown87

New

Post by jdown87 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:58 pm

I also have an apartment available for a new BC transfer student to rent (I am transferring out of the city). Added bonus is that the apartment I am looking to hand off the lease too is a 2-br, and you can either bring your own roommate in or live with my roommate as he is willing to stay or go, he is being awesome about being flexible as I leave the city.

I have a really nice apartment in Cleveland Circle (yes such things exist) with a roommate who is very quiet, a college classmate of mine and works downtown, and he will be looking for a new roommate. $830/month including heat and hot water. In the best location of Cleveland Circle: right off of Beacon Street (across from that CVS), so the BC shuttle, and C and D lines are right there. It is also right where many 2L/3Ls that I know at BC live, and presumably 1Ls as well.

PM me for details.[/size]

Coolgrnmen

Bronze

Post by Coolgrnmen » Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:28 pm

jdown87 wrote:I also have an apartment available for a new BC transfer student to rent (I am transferring out of the city). Added bonus is that the apartment I am looking to hand off the lease too is a 2-br, and you can either bring your own roommate in or live with my roommate as he is willing to stay or go, he is being awesome about being flexible as I leave the city.

I have a really nice apartment in Cleveland Circle (yes such things exist) with a roommate who is very quiet, a college classmate of mine and works downtown, and he will be looking for a new roommate. $830/month including heat and hot water. In the best location of Cleveland Circle: right off of Beacon Street (across from that CVS), so the BC shuttle, and C and D lines are right there. It is also right where many 2L/3Ls that I know at BC live, and presumably 1Ls as well.

PM me for details.[/size]
Wow, jacked...

OP...I just got accepted for transfer to BU...not 100% certain, but I may need a place. I'm waiting to hear back from one school and I should know by Wednesday I suppose.

Congrats on your transfer? I'm assuming you are transferring to NYU or Columbia?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”