UVA Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
SummerLaw

Bronze

UVA

Post by SummerLaw » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:41 am

Has anyone had activity from UVA this week or last even?

KafkaLover

New

Re: UVA

Post by KafkaLover » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:53 pm

My friend received a rejection email yesterday, and I think someone else on TLS said they also were dinged yesterday. I'm still at "complete, your app will be forwarded to the admissions committee for decision." My friend said they told her that they only had 10 transfer spots, which have been filled. If people don't deposit, then UVA will accept a few more. If anyone is interested, I'm at a T2 Top 4%. Still holding out hope for UVA, they are a top choice for me.

SummerLaw

Bronze

Post by SummerLaw » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:54 pm

Oh thats disappointing news. Bummer. Mine says "File Complete. Pending Review/Decision." Do you know when the deposit was due?

SummerLaw

Bronze

Post by SummerLaw » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:54 pm

Oh thats disappointing news. Bummer. Mine says "File Complete. Pending Review/Decision." Do you know when the deposit was due?

KafkaLover

New

Post by KafkaLover » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:32 pm

SummerLaw wrote:Oh thats disappointing news. Bummer. Mine says "File Complete. Pending Review/Decision." Do you know when the deposit was due?
I think a few people on here indicated that it was last Friday. Hopefully some will have withdrawn and we'll hear something positive. :)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

SummerLaw

Bronze

Post by SummerLaw » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:38 pm

Update -- I called them the other day to get a feel for when more notices would be coming out. The woman I talked to didn't really know but indicated possibly within the next week or two...I submitted right around July 1st.

huskylaw26

New

Post by huskylaw26 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:16 am

I was dinged 7/12 and got same "only 10 out of 200" email. Submitted app last possible minute on deadline. I already over-performed with Penn so no biggie.

transferquest

New

Post by transferquest » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:44 pm

Weird huskylaw! I got into UVa but denied at Penn. #1 at #60 law school.

Congratulations.

So everyone on this thread knows, the UVa deposit deadline was the 8th and the OGI bids are due Sunday PM.

huskylaw26

New

Post by huskylaw26 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:30 am

transferquest, congrats back at ya! Thankfully Penn is a better fit for me (long story, but finances and family situation would work out a lot better coming from my current school) so I hope UVA was a better fit than Penn for you. Nothin' like having decisions made for you!

Plus, I definitely wasn't #1, not even top 5% (close though), so I think the UVA denial was written on the wall a long time ago. Penn has a larger transfer class and may have found my story more compelling.

My current LS is ranked #56. I think my Duke denial should be in shortly...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”