Should I stay or should I go now? NYLS edition.

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

What should I do?

Go to NYLS.
4
8%
Beg BLS to take you off the waitlist.
10
20%
Wait for another school. You will probably get in somewhere else.
6
12%
Stay at current school w/ scholly.
31
61%
 
Total votes: 51

flexityflex86
Posts: 973
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:06 pm

Re: Should I stay or should I go now? NYLS edition.

Postby flexityflex86 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:50 pm

Zazelmaf wrote:I am going to try that advice. I thought about e-mailing Brooklyn and letting them know of my situation, but was worried it would look bad. Should I do it as a letter of continued interest? Like:

Dear Brooklyn Law School,

I am greatly interested in attending BLS, however, I was recently admitted to another school in NYC and have a week to make my mind up. I would love to attend, but for my career and personal goals I need to make a decision fast. If granted admission into Brooklyn I would accept, but if not, I must accept the offer that is being given to me by the other school so I know for sure I have a spot in NYC. I greatly appreciate your time and consideration and look forward to hearing back from you.

---
I don't know, I tend to think it reeks of desperation and probably has been done before without very good results. Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

the more interested you are the better, just make them like you and feel out the personalities to see if you click and it would help to reach out. i personally found LOCI's to be useless everywhere, and only in person to help.

Zazelmaf
Posts: 229
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:42 pm

Re: Should I stay or should I go now? NYLS edition.

Postby Zazelmaf » Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:52 pm

I might do that, then. Also, I might be in at Santa Clara, and don't know if that would be a good choice. I am from the Bay Area originally (San Francisco) and that would be my 2nd choice after NYC.

I am not for sure *in* at Santa Clara, but it says decision rendered and there is a spot now for deposits, even though it says $0.

Zazelmaf
Posts: 229
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:42 pm

Re: Should I stay or should I go now? NYLS edition.

Postby Zazelmaf » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:08 pm

Well, I won't be going to NYLS now, got in to Lewis and Clark today, and even though it's not New York, I grew up in the Pacific Northwest and have connections to California that I could hopefully use. Still gonna wait on Cardozo though, just in case. Thanks for your help.

Good thing I got an extension on the $500 deposit to NYLS, almost sent it out yesterday.

User avatar
Wholigan
Posts: 763
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:51 pm

Re: Should I stay or should I go now? NYLS edition.

Postby Wholigan » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:47 pm

Zazelmaf wrote:Well, I won't be going to NYLS now, got in to Lewis and Clark today, and even though it's not New York, I grew up in the Pacific Northwest and have connections to California that I could hopefully use. Still gonna wait on Cardozo though, just in case. Thanks for your help.

Good thing I got an extension on the $500 deposit to NYLS, almost sent it out yesterday.


Good luck - glad you got in somewhere you're happy with. TBH, you probably have a better chance at landing a job in NYC at some point being a Lewis & Clark transfer than being a NYLS transfer.

random5483
Posts: 684
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:17 pm

Re: Should I stay or should I go now? NYLS edition.

Postby random5483 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:18 am

Zazelmaf wrote:Well, I won't be going to NYLS now, got in to Lewis and Clark today, and even though it's not New York, I grew up in the Pacific Northwest and have connections to California that I could hopefully use. Still gonna wait on Cardozo though, just in case. Thanks for your help.

Good thing I got an extension on the $500 deposit to NYLS, almost sent it out yesterday.



Congratulations. I am glad you found something better than NYLS.

Zazelmaf
Posts: 229
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:42 pm

Re: Should I stay or should I go now? NYLS edition.

Postby Zazelmaf » Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:12 pm

random5483 wrote:
Zazelmaf wrote:Well, I won't be going to NYLS now, got in to Lewis and Clark today, and even though it's not New York, I grew up in the Pacific Northwest and have connections to California that I could hopefully use. Still gonna wait on Cardozo though, just in case. Thanks for your help.

Good thing I got an extension on the $500 deposit to NYLS, almost sent it out yesterday.



Congratulations. I am glad you found something better than NYLS.


Thank you.

Coolgrnmen
Posts: 489
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:20 pm

Re: Should I stay or should I go now? NYLS edition.

Postby Coolgrnmen » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:32 pm

Zazelmaf wrote:
random5483 wrote:
Zazelmaf wrote:Well, I won't be going to NYLS now, got in to Lewis and Clark today, and even though it's not New York, I grew up in the Pacific Northwest and have connections to California that I could hopefully use. Still gonna wait on Cardozo though, just in case. Thanks for your help.

Good thing I got an extension on the $500 deposit to NYLS, almost sent it out yesterday.



Congratulations. I am glad you found something better than NYLS.


Thank you.

Congrats, as someone transferring out of NYLS to BU...you are making a good choice.

whatdoyouthink
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:29 pm

Re: Should I stay or should I go now? NYLS edition.

Postby whatdoyouthink » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:47 pm

I haven't heard very many good things about NYLS. I would stay at your current school with your scholly. Wait for BLS to get back to you, or any T2 schools that you've applied to. I hear that NYLS is a trap.




Return to “Transfers”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.