So I was accepted to one school, should I inform the others?

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
bmic

So I was accepted to one school, should I inform the others?

Postby bmic » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:30 pm

So today I got an email from UConn saying I was accepted (hooray) and if I want to enroll there I need to complete a form within the next week. I am interested itn going there, but I also applied to BU and BC and I am curious to see if I would get in there. The problem is that, due to a seemingly perfect storm of problems with LSAC, My BU and BC applications weren't completed until today. So if they take as fast as UConn, it would take them about a week to let me know.

So my question is, should I tell BU and BC that I was accepted to another school and have a week to enroll, but that I want to go to their school or is that uncool?

Oh and since I have already made a topic, does anyone else have a school that doesn't do cumulative GPA on their transcripts? My school apparently doesn't (as well as doesn't do rank...) and BC is asking me to resend my transcript to include cumulative GPA. So I'm going call my Registrar tomorrow and ask if they do cumulative GPA. but if they simply don't do it for 1L, should I just tell BC that my school doesn't do it? I can't think of anything else to say.

lawgod

Re: So I was accepted to one school, should I inform the others?

Postby lawgod » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:31 pm

Question 1. May as well, nothing to lose.
Question 2. May as well, nothing to lose.

Birdman

Postby Birdman » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:39 pm

Last edited by Birdman on Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

DeliciousCake

Postby DeliciousCake » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:29 pm

RE: your GPA -- Schools that don't have cumulative GPAs or ranks or something like that usually mention it in the official transcript or in the letter of good standing from the dean. Make sure your home school conveys that to your transferring school somehow. Worst case, have them send an additional letter about it.

Return to “Transfers”