Transfer or not? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
bml1986

New

Transfer or not?

Post by bml1986 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:27 pm

I was accepted to GW last week and was wondering what ppl's opinions are on what I should do. I currently attend a T3 school where I will not be on law review and am pretty open to working in most legal markets. I know many ppl have posts similar to this, but I am having a hard time making a decision. I do have some aspirations of working at a big firm, but it won't be heartbreaking if I do not.

traehekat

Gold

Re: Transfer or not?

Post by traehekat » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:59 pm

left out the most important part - do you have a scholarship at your current school? if so, how much?

flcath

Silver

Post by flcath » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:05 pm

If you're getting a 0-50% scholarship at your current school, definitely transfer.

If you're getting a 50-100% scholarship at your current school, still probably transfer.

bml1986

New

Post by bml1986 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:15 pm

Oops. I am getting an 80% scholarship

traehekat

Gold

Post by traehekat » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:28 pm

how do transfer students at GW fair? there is a chance you aren't really improving your opportunities enough to warrant giving up the money.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”