About to transfer to BU over BC - anyone object?

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Coolgrnmen

Re: About to transfer to BU over BC - anyone object?

Postby Coolgrnmen » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:01 pm

bmic wrote:
DeliciousCake wrote:
VinceIrons wrote:Congrats on BU! There's at least 5 of us TLS kids that I know of also probably going to BU (barring acceptances in to reach schools, I believe). We ought to all meet up at some point prior to classes starting.

+1.

Another +1

Late +1...

thelawyler

Postby thelawyler » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:29 pm

I guess the only thing is that you have the possibility of having BC alums question you during interviews about why you jumped ship to BU, and BU alums might take to you less warmly than to other BU grads during OCI.

kaiser

Postby kaiser » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:42 pm

thelawyler wrote:I guess the only thing is that you have the possibility of having BC alums question you during interviews about why you jumped ship to BU, and BU alums might take to you less warmly than to other BU grads during OCI.

Not sure why BC alums would question him. Its not like they would know he had a choice between BC and BU and turned down BC. As far as they would know, he is just a transfer student to BU and nothing else. Interviewers don't hold a BU vs. BC bias in hiring. That is purely amongst students.

Return to “Transfers”