Michigan Transfer Class of 2013 Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
keg411

Platinum

Re: Michigan Transfer Class of 2013

Post by keg411 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:38 pm

BTW they are going much quicker on the unique name and simplicity access. My deposit arrived today and I was able to set everything up.

tfer2222

Bronze

Post by tfer2222 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:45 pm

keg411 wrote:BTW they are going much quicker on the unique name and simplicity access. My deposit arrived today and I was able to set everything up.
Ugghh they got my deposit today too and I got the initial email from career services but I haven't seen anything from IT, etc regarding unique names, passwords etc.

traehekat

Gold

Post by traehekat » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:47 pm

keg411 wrote:BTW they are going much quicker on the unique name and simplicity access. My deposit arrived today and I was able to set everything up.
so you are saying that they got your deposit and set everything up so you could bid on the same day basically?

edit: ya, more rambling - so have you guys heard about any transfers doing poorly at michigan? everything i have heard is just stellar and i feel like im making the wrong choice after hearing some NU transfers struggle (im assuming a prime candidate for one who would - no WE, mediocre interviewer). the thought of giving up LR, full scholarship at t30 and striking out at OCI is actually making me sick to my stomach a bit.
Last edited by traehekat on Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chiglaw

New

Post by Chiglaw » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:49 pm

tfer2222 wrote:
Ugghh they got my deposit today too and I got the initial email from career services but I haven't seen anything from IT, etc regarding unique names, passwords etc.

+1

starchinkilt

Bronze

Post by starchinkilt » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:50 pm

Bidding doesn't start til tomorrow. If you guys don't get the e-mail by tomorrow morning, you can always call ITS and they can give you your sign-up info on the phone.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

traehekat

Gold

Post by traehekat » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:53 pm

any of you guys get list of firms coming to OCI yet? how's chicago looking if you dont mind sharing...

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:58 pm

The email that says they got your deposit has the unique name instructions.

starchinkilt

Bronze

Post by starchinkilt » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:02 pm

traehekat wrote:any of you guys get list of firms coming to OCI yet? how's chicago looking if you dont mind sharing...
37 firms. Looks like all the major ones are there.

tfer2222

Bronze

Post by tfer2222 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:09 pm

keg411 wrote:The email that says they got your deposit has the unique name instructions.
The email from career services titled "welcome to Michigan!"?? Where does it have instructions?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:18 pm

tfer2222 wrote:
keg411 wrote:The email that says they got your deposit has the unique name instructions.
The email from career services titled "welcome to Michigan!"?? Where does it have instructions?
I'm not home now, but I will post something later. I'm pretty sure the unique name email isn't from OCP.

starchinkilt

Bronze

Post by starchinkilt » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:31 pm

here's the e-mail

Dear _________,

Welcome to the University of Michigan community! Now that you have confirmed your admission to the University, you need to create a uniqname and password. You will use your uniqname and password throughout your academic career to log in to your new U-M e-mail account, as well as for essential functions such as registering for classes and accessing your student records.

Create your uniqname today to ensure that you do not miss a single piece of important University of Michigan information! If you currently use a Friend account to log in to Wolverine Access, you must now begin using your uniqname instead. Your Friend account can no longer be used for Wolverine Access.

To create your uniqname, you will need:

1. Your UMID number (included in your letter of admission to the University).
2. Your OTID (One Time Identifier), which must be typed exactly as it appears in this e-mail.

Your OTID is: herpderp

Create your uniqname and password using the U-M Uniqname Sign-Up website:
http://www.itcs.umich.edu/uniqname/

Once you have created your uniqname, some University offices will begin sending e-mail to your U-M e-mail address to share important information or to request that you complete important transactions online. Often, e-mail is the ONLY notification sent, so check your U-M e-mail regularly. You can log in to your U-M e-mail at:
http://mail.umich.edu

If you have any questions about your uniqname and password, please contact the Information and Technology Services Help Desk -- Accounts Office.
(734) 764-4357 (4-HELP), Option 2
its.accounts@umich.edu
http://www.itcs.umich.edu/accounts

tfer2222

Bronze

Post by tfer2222 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:32 pm

Yeah haven't gotten that. Thanks for clearing it up

tfer2222

Bronze

Post by tfer2222 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:27 pm

Are you all mass mailing? There really aren't that many NY firms that aren't interviewing at mich

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

starchinkilt

Bronze

Post by starchinkilt » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:47 pm

tfer2222 wrote:Are you all mass mailing? There really aren't that many NY firms that aren't interviewing at mich
I've just been mass mailing my hometown/undergrad secondary markets.

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:01 pm

tfer2222 wrote:Are you all mass mailing? There really aren't that many NY firms that aren't interviewing at mich
Mass mailing my home market (since none of the firms are interviewing at Mich) and the few NY firms that aren't coming that were somewhat high on my list.

crazyblink653

Bronze

Post by crazyblink653 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:37 pm

mass mailing the few firms on my list that aren't coming to OCI.

darklighter13

New

Post by darklighter13 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:29 pm

Going to put down my deposit tonight. Can't believe I'm actually doing this.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

crazyblink653

Bronze

Post by crazyblink653 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:43 pm

darklighter13 wrote:Going to put down my deposit tonight. Can't believe I'm actually doing this.
i would overnight it to make sure you can get symplicity access as soon as possible. i sent it Saturday and they only got my deposit yesterday. and i still don't have symplicity access.

darklighter13

New

Post by darklighter13 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:59 pm

crazyblink653 wrote:i would overnight it to make sure you can get symplicity access as soon as possible. i sent it Saturday and they only got my deposit yesterday. and i still don't have symplicity access.
That's the plan. Thanks. :)

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:15 pm

crazyblink653 wrote:
darklighter13 wrote:Going to put down my deposit tonight. Can't believe I'm actually doing this.
i would overnight it to make sure you can get symplicity access as soon as possible. i sent it Saturday and they only got my deposit yesterday. and i still don't have symplicity access.
crazyblink, did you get the e-mail to create your uniquename that star posted yesterday? Because I also sent my deposit on Saturday and they set me up with everything yesterday. Once you have your uniquename, it's pretty easy to get Simplicity access. So if you didn't get it, e-mail admissions and tell them that you sent your deposit and didn't get the e-mail to set up your uniquename.

Also, I talked to someone with OCP today and she was really nice and helpful. I'm so not used to "midwest nice" :lol:.

darklighter13

New

Post by darklighter13 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:05 pm

Anyone not get their write-on package yet?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

crazyblink653

Bronze

Post by crazyblink653 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:06 pm

keg411 wrote:
crazyblink653 wrote:
crazyblink, did you get the e-mail to create your uniquename that star posted yesterday? Because I also sent my deposit on Saturday and they set me up with everything yesterday. Once you have your uniquename, it's pretty easy to get Simplicity access. So if you didn't get it, e-mail admissions and tell them that you sent your deposit and didn't get the e-mail to set up your uniquename.

Also, I talked to someone with OCP today and she was really nice and helpful. I'm so not used to "midwest nice" :lol:.
i got it today thanks! they explained over the phone that it took 24 hours for my deposit to register in the system and that's why there was a delay. i'm all set up now though! :)

on a related note, is symplicity going reeeeeally slowly for anyone else?

crazyblink653

Bronze

Post by crazyblink653 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:07 pm

darklighter13 wrote:Anyone not get their write-on package yet?
i got mine yesterday. you should get an email from UPS when it has been delivered.

starchinkilt

Bronze

Post by starchinkilt » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:40 pm

crazyblink653 wrote:
keg411 wrote:
crazyblink653 wrote:

i got it today thanks! they explained over the phone that it took 24 hours for my deposit to register in the system and that's why there was a delay. i'm all set up now though! :)

on a related note, is symplicity going reeeeeally slowly for anyone else?
Yep, really slow for me as well. OCP said it gets worse as the deadline gets nearer, so get those bids in!

Chiglaw

New

Post by Chiglaw » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:27 pm

Does anyone know if your UMID number is printed anywhere other than the enrollment deposit form? I can't seem to find it anywhere else and didn't think to copy it down before sending in my deposit.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”