Application process

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
RodneyBoonfield

Application process

Postby RodneyBoonfield » Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:23 am

Does anyone know or have any idea if leaving a question or several blank instead of writing n/a can get you a denial if you are otherwise qualified? Has anyone gotten into their target schools that did this?

missinglink

Re: Application process

Postby missinglink » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:18 pm

Last edited by missinglink on Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bilboteabaggins

Postby bilboteabaggins » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:24 pm

Stop trying to make excuses for why you didn't get into a school. You were denied because there were other applicants they liked better. Get over it and grow up.

jstn1104

Postby jstn1104 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:25 pm

bilboteabaggins wrote:Stop trying to make excuses for why you didn't get into a school. You were denied because there were other applicants they liked better. Get over it and grow up.

:lol:

RodneyBoonfield

Postby RodneyBoonfield » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:31 pm

Not real sure why people on this site decide to be rude...perhaps latent anger from their own failure...missing I was referring to the generic questions like if I say I'm a us citizen and leave the part for non citizens blank instead of writing na and things of that nature. Not the have u ever been arrested type questions. Haven't been denied from any targets but they're holding my apps for longer than I am comfortable.

jstn1104

Postby jstn1104 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:34 pm

RodneyBoonfield wrote:Not real sure why people on this site decide to be rude...perhaps latent anger from their own failure...missing I was referring to the generic questions like if I say I'm a us citizen and leave the part for non citizens blank instead of writing na and things of that nature. Not the have u ever been arrested type questions. Haven't been denied from any targets but they're holding my apps for longer than I am comfortable.

I think it's pretty obvious that if you check US Citizen then you don't need to respond to questions for non-US Citizens. If they're holding your application, it's not because you failed to write NA in every space.

lawgod

Postby lawgod » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:37 pm

In the space where it asks what race you are, I wrote "NA" for Not Applicable.
That's ok, right?

Lawquacious

Postby Lawquacious » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:40 pm

No-- I would very strongly doubt that would get you a ding. If you left C and F questions blank that would almost definitely be a problem, but LSAC doesn't allow the apps to be sent without those qs completed as far as I know.
Last edited by Lawquacious on Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RodneyBoonfield

Postby RodneyBoonfield » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:43 pm

Yea I a agree but on the instructions it says not to leave anything . I thought maybe they might mistake it for being care.

RodneyBoonfield

Postby RodneyBoonfield » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:45 pm

Careless.

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:46 pm

I left spaces blank and didn't always put n/a. Didn't seem to make a difference.

RodneyBoonfield

Postby RodneyBoonfield » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:49 pm

Sorry first time I phoned lol

firemed

Postby firemed » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:51 pm

It sounds like someone is being overly nervous. Chill.

keg411

Postby keg411 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:55 pm

OP, you need to relax. Some schools make decisions earlier than others. Also, keep in mind that some schools have reputations of taking a ton of transfers and some don't. If you feel like you aren't getting into places or schools are holding your apps, it's doubtful it's because of clerical reasons. If your numbers/school are competitive, then you have a good shot and need to relax. If your numbers/school are not competitive, then you need to realize this and adjust your expectations.

Also, keep in mind, schools look pretty heavily at the PS for "compelling reasons" you want to transfer to that school in particular. If you didn't address this in your PS and tailor your PS to individual schools, it could also cause problems. The transfer schools want people who are going to be successful there.

RodneyBoonfield

Postby RodneyBoonfield » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:11 pm

Yeah I understand and I appreciate the advice...the being overly nervous comes from me having solid grades and wAtching those around with lower rankings get acceptances left and right. In some instances I've been in review for over two weeks. I guess there is no point in worrying bc what really can be done at this point? Anyway thanks for the answers

starchinkilt

Postby starchinkilt » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:11 am

RodneyBoonfield wrote:Yeah I understand and I appreciate the advice...the being overly nervous comes from me having solid grades and wAtching those around with lower rankings get acceptances left and right. In some instances I've been in review for over two weeks. I guess there is no point in worrying bc what really can be done at this point? Anyway thanks for the answers

Yeah, you have to realize transfer admissions are more of a black box than regular admissions. You never know how many spots a school has, how many applicants there are, or even the quality of the applicants. Schools don't have to release this data. This whole process will be over in a few weeks. Go drink a beer or something.

schwar46

Postby schwar46 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:30 am

lawgod wrote:In the space where it asks what race you are, I wrote "NA" for Not Applicable.
That's ok, right?

You're fucked.

vanwinkle

Postby vanwinkle » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:38 am

lawgod wrote:In the space where it asks what race you are, I wrote "NA" for Not Applicable.
That's ok, right?

*rimshot*

Return to “Transfers”