Ariz transfer

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
hockett

Ariz transfer

Postby hockett » Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:32 pm

Top 10 % at T4, U of A undergrad, two great letters of recommendation, cali awards, and solid 1L internship. What are my chances at U of A? They typically only admit 2-3 transfers a year. Worth the application fees?

dfsad

Re: Ariz transfer

Postby dfsad » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:21 pm

Also curious about this. Top 25% w/ 1 Cali at a lower ranked T-2. Did my undergrad at ASU, but really want to practice in AZ, even if it means living in Tucson.

studebaker07

Postby studebaker07 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:24 pm

I dont know much about UofA but to be honest, you both have a pretty decent shot at getting into ASU. They take way more transfers (like 20-25 last year I think). Besides, if you want to be in Arizona, I think UofA and ASU are both going to put you in a strong position.

Jordan77

Postby Jordan77 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:49 am

I was admitted to both ASU and U of A 3 years ago as a transfer. I had compelling personal reasons and was an Arizona resident (which they prefer). Reading their website a few years ago, they said in order to be competitive for transfer non-residents need to generally be in the Top 10% and residents in the Top 25%.

My stats that got me admitted were Top 15% from a T70-80; I was also waitlisted but never got off in my initial application. My advice, if you want to go there it is worth the transfer app fee - you will never know unless you try.

hockett

Postby hockett » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:51 pm

Got an acceptance from Asu on Friday. Still waiting on U of A, but may withdraw app.

Return to “Transfers”