.

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
abudaba
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:57 pm

.

Postby abudaba » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:33 pm

/resolved :)
Last edited by abudaba on Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Helmholtz
Posts: 4394
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Re: Need some advice asap!

Postby Helmholtz » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:35 pm

It's difficult to answer without more specifics, but I would ask the second-choice for an extension of time. They're not going to rescind an offer because of that -- really the worse they could do is tell you no.

RodneyBoonfield
Posts: 309
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:54 pm

Re: Need some advice asap!

Postby RodneyBoonfield » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:39 pm

One in the hand is worth 2 in the bush. I probably wouldn't gamble with this one. But agreed that you should try and magoogle (finagle) something with the deadline.

User avatar
NYCbound35
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:48 am

Re: Need some advice asap!

Postby NYCbound35 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:42 pm

abudaba wrote:I was considering giving my top choice a call, explaining my situation, and hoping for an expedited decision. Would the admissions office respond to this or is it ill advised?


0L alert

This may be irrelevant to you, but the above strategy worked for me in getting off of a waitlist this summer.

abudaba
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:57 pm

Re: Need some advice asap!

Postby abudaba » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:51 pm

NYCbound35 wrote:
abudaba wrote:I was considering giving my top choice a call, explaining my situation, and hoping for an expedited decision. Would the admissions office respond to this or is it ill advised?


0L alert

This may be irrelevant to you, but the above strategy worked for me in getting off of a waitlist this summer.


Good to know, and congrats!
Last edited by abudaba on Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

keg411
Posts: 5935
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: Need some advice asap!

Postby keg411 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:03 pm

Has #1 made decisions at all yet? Because some schools probably aren't doing anything until mid/late-July (at least based on what's happened historically). Also, ask and see if the verbal to #2 is binding or not.

User avatar
NYCbound35
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:48 am

Re: Need some advice asap!

Postby NYCbound35 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:04 pm

abudaba wrote:
Good to know, and congrats!

Did you speak to an actual admissions officer or just give your situation to an assistant and hope they would pass it along?


Sent email to generic address, but received response from dean of admissions who I had met a few months before.




Return to “Transfers”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.