Hastings 2013 Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
shakdeze

New

Re: Hastings 2013

Post by shakdeze » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:57 pm

in at hastings!!!

JOThompson

Silver

Post by JOThompson » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:39 pm

Congrats :)

shakdeze

New

Post by shakdeze » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:49 pm

JOThompson wrote:Congrats :)
Thanks buddy my safety net is set. I am not too worried if i dont get into any other schools. Good Luck to everybody still waiting.

Birdman

Bronze

Post by Birdman » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:30 pm

shakdeze wrote:in at hastings!!!
Congrats dude

haylie

New

Post by haylie » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:51 pm

shakdeze wrote:in at hastings!!!
Congrats, Shakdeze!!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Zazelmaf

Bronze

Post by Zazelmaf » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:12 pm

A letter came to my house today. Small envelope. I have opened that one many times before. I opened it once more. The letter said there were a lot of qualified people Hastings would be admitting. I was, however, not one of them.

Congratulations to you all. I belong in this thread no more.

*Loads up World of Warcraft and disappears into obscurity*

boogieboo

New

Post by boogieboo » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:17 pm

Best of luck in the other schools you applied to, Zazel.

wallberlin

New

Post by wallberlin » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:35 am

Just sent in my deposit. Looking forward to meeting everyone. For now however, I was wondering if I could crowd source some info:

Has anyone started bids for OCI? I just noticed that the deadline for upload of mats is today, but on the handbook it says the deadline is Thursday July 18th. I suspect that they might have meant Thursday July 28, but was wondering if anyone knows for sure yet. I'll be calling them today, but I'm in the air for the next few hours and obviously without phone access. Freaking out a bit.

Thanks everyone!

cu_arsenal

New

Post by cu_arsenal » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:39 pm

To poster above, OCI bidding ends tonight at midnight. I'm not sure if there is a different schedule for transfer students or how that all works, but for those of us currently here it ends tonight.

Congrats to all the new Hastings 2013 students! Looking forward to meeting you all next month on campus!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

JOThompson

Silver

Post by JOThompson » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:49 pm

cu_arsenal wrote:To poster above, OCI bidding ends tonight at midnight. I'm not sure if there is a different schedule for transfer students or how that all works, but for those of us currently here it ends tonight.

Congrats to all the new Hastings 2013 students! Looking forward to meeting you all next month on campus!
Thanks for the heads up. I called the career office and learned that transfer students also have the same deadline. I just submitted my deposit. I don't want to miss out on OCI. :)

cu_arsenal

New

Post by cu_arsenal » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:15 pm

JOThompson wrote:
cu_arsenal wrote:To poster above, OCI bidding ends tonight at midnight. I'm not sure if there is a different schedule for transfer students or how that all works, but for those of us currently here it ends tonight.

Thanks for the heads up. I called the career office and learned that transfer students also have the same deadline. I just submitted my deposit. I don't want to miss out on OCI. :)
Yeah, definitely don't want to miss out on that. Given that you're transferring, you probably have a nice high GPA % so you can maybe look at some of the upper-tier firms (depending on how bold you want to be). Again, I have no idea how firms look at transfers with regards to OCI because it's not necessarily the traditional path, but you should go for what you feel comfortable with and just see if you can land some interviews.

Best of luck!

boogieboo

New

Post by boogieboo » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:33 pm

I just finished my OCI bidding. I looked at OCI like being a splitter - I don't know how people will look at me, so I blanketed a wide spread of firms. I also gave special attention to firms that wanted extra curricular and diversity, since I gave up moot ct. and LR by transferring and I can't list that on my resume.

cu_arsenal

New

Post by cu_arsenal » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:56 pm

boogieboo wrote:I just finished my OCI bidding. I looked at OCI like being a splitter - I don't know how people will look at me, so I blanketed a wide spread of firms. I also gave special attention to firms that wanted extra curricular and diversity, since I gave up moot ct. and LR by transferring and I can't list that on my resume.
Makes sense. I mean, I'm sure you could include that stuff in a cover letter and explain that you gave it up for a transfer to Hastings. The joke for us is that our journal/law review applications don't come back until around August 1, which was beyond the OCI bid date, so I don't think anyone from the class has that stuff listed on their resumes. Should make for a very interesting bidding process.

Good luck on grabbing some interviews!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

CAHopeful

Bronze

Post by CAHopeful » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:31 pm

Does anyone know if there are any public interest employers participating in OCI at Hastings? I was admitted last week and am still waiting to hear back from four other schools, so I am not sure if I am going to attend yet or not. I was not planning on participating in OCI anywhere because I'm only looking at public interest positions (specifically child advocacy sort of positions). But since I know Hastings' bidding deadline is at midnight, I'm a little nervous and tempted to pay the $300 deposit to view the OCI list. I'd just rather save the $300 if it's not worth it. Any thoughts? Thanks!

cu_arsenal

New

Post by cu_arsenal » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:33 pm

CAHopeful wrote:Does anyone know if there are any public interest employers participating in OCI at Hastings? I was admitted last week and am still waiting to hear back from four other schools, so I am not sure if I am going to attend yet or not. I was not planning on participating in OCI anywhere because I'm only looking at public interest positions (specifically child advocacy sort of positions). But since I know Hastings' bidding deadline is at midnight, I'm a little nervous and tempted to pay the $300 deposit to view the OCI list. I'd just rather save the $300 if it's not worth it. Any thoughts? Thanks!
There are only a few on the OCI list right now. Not much in the way of PI for OCI as I think most of the PI jobs come through postings throughout the course of the year. That said, I know a ton of Hastings people involved in PI work and the school has a very good rep in that field.

boogieboo

New

Post by boogieboo » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:35 pm

Hey CAhopeful. PM me your email address and I'll forward you some OCI info.

CAHopeful

Bronze

Post by CAHopeful » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:56 pm

Thanks for the info, guys. I really appreciate it!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”