Will a LSAT score below 150 damage the transfer application?

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
cc1236

Will a LSAT score below 150 damage the transfer application?

Postby cc1236 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:18 pm

I have a good class ranking but an awful LSAT (below 150). I am afraid this low score will damage my transfer application to a T14 even with the qualified class ranking. Does anyone like to share a similar experience? Did anyone successfully transfer into a T14 with this kind of score? Does it even worth trying?

Many many thanks for sharing your stories/ideas.

Nacirema

Re: Will a LSAT score below 150 damage the transfer application?

Postby Nacirema » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:53 pm

Give us your stats and we can determine your chances

ToTransferOrNot

Postby ToTransferOrNot » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:54 pm

I mean, you're going to have a tough time with the T14 due to your LSAT by proxy: presumably, you are at a T4 school, and cracking the T14 from a T4 is rough (i.e., I hope you're in the top 5%, at worst). But your LSAT itself is irrelevant.

swimmer33

Postby swimmer33 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:58 pm

not necessarily. schools use LSAT as an indicator of how well you're going to do in law school... now they have grades to go off of. however, some schools criteria for transfer students indicate that they want to see an lsat/gpa combo that was competitive from their school before (IU-B is the school I'm thinking of here).

if you've got good grades to work with, i wouldn't worry about your lsat. good luck.

ToTransferOrNot

Postby ToTransferOrNot » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:09 pm

swimmer33 wrote:not necessarily. schools use LSAT as an indicator of how well you're going to do in law school... now they have grades to go off of. however, some schools criteria for transfer students indicate that they want to see an lsat/gpa combo that was competitive from their school before (IU-B is the school I'm thinking of here).

if you've got good grades to work with, i wouldn't worry about your lsat. good luck.

The schools that say that do not mean it. Harvard and IU-B both take students with numbers that weren't even close on a consistent basis.

lsltyf

Postby lsltyf » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:57 pm

swimmer33 wrote:not necessarily. schools use LSAT as an indicator of how well you're going to do in law school... now they have grades to go off of. however, some schools criteria for transfer students indicate that they want to see an lsat/gpa combo that was competitive from their school before (IU-B is the school I'm thinking of here).

So my LSAT was also utter shit. I was at a T4 but ended up at the top of my class >1%

I applied to GULC and was straight shot down EA and RD, but WUSTL deferred me EA, but was accepted during RD.

Honestly, it really doesn't matter. If you don't get in it won't be because of the LSAT.

Trust me if I can make the swing from T4 to 18th at Wash U you will be just fine. Good luck.

cc1236

Postby cc1236 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:21 pm

Thanks very much for your valuable input. It's very encouraging.

I will post my experience and results when the circle is completed.

Best of luck to all of you.

Return to “Transfers”