GW transfer? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
hoyasaxon

New

Re: GW transfer?

Post by hoyasaxon » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:05 pm

went "complete" yesterday

hoping i hear sooner, than later.

fanlinxun

Bronze

Post by fanlinxun » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:10 pm

joonhp wrote:finally got symplicity setup by the CDO, but now there's a survey that they haven't provided.....arghghghghghghg....still no word on gw email and how to register for classes.
How long did it take to get access to symplicity? My deposit arrived (at least according to the post office) this morning. I heard the deadline for some of the job fairs is tomorrow? Is that correct?

sgoingIP

New

Post by sgoingIP » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:13 pm

The New York, Philly, and "consortium" Job fairs are due July 15 at 5pm, and the main OCI (~170 employers) is July 20th.

ShockTop

New

Post by ShockTop » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:15 am

The survey is on there--I think they just want to know what you're doing this summer before you can apply for next summer's jobs.

fanlinxun

Bronze

Post by fanlinxun » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:44 am

Anyone know how long it should be between phone call to OCD and actually being set up on symplicity? Time is flying by

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

nola34

New

Post by nola34 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:36 am

fanlinxun wrote:Anyone know how long it should be between phone call to OCD and actually being set up on symplicity? Time is flying by
Within the day

tmblaw

New

Post by tmblaw » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:31 pm

nola34 wrote:
fanlinxun wrote:Anyone know how long it should be between phone call to OCD and actually being set up on symplicity? Time is flying by
Within the day
agreed - and the survey really isn't bad. Exciting to have so many employers for OCI, but a bit daunting to write all those cover letters!

swords

New

Post by swords » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:09 am

Does anyone know whether GW only transfers 1L courses for credit? I ask because I took a non 1L course (elective) this summer at my old school and would hate for it to go to waste.

maf70

Bronze

Post by maf70 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:17 am

Last edited by maf70 on Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

gilkin

New

Post by gilkin » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:07 pm

Has anyone in the 6/28 rat's nest heard anything yet?

koco501

New

Post by koco501 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:57 pm

gilkin wrote:Has anyone in the 6/28 rat's nest heard anything yet?

Nope.....

hoyasaxon

New

Post by hoyasaxon » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:21 pm

IN! - via email, an hour ago.

really, really excited to be going to GW; i was sweating bullets

joonhp

Bronze

Post by joonhp » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:58 pm

hoyasaxon wrote:IN! - via email, an hour ago.

really, really excited to be going to GW; i was sweating bullets
congrats! see you next month.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ShockTop

New

Post by ShockTop » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:04 am

Last edited by ShockTop on Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

joonhp

Bronze

Post by joonhp » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:18 am

ShockTop wrote:For those of us who have been admitted and are going, have any of you been able to register for classes yet?
nope...haven't heard a peep about that..just know that the OCI deadline is today..it seems we won't be registering for classes until ..like...orientation ..

maf70

Bronze

Post by maf70 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:43 pm

Last edited by maf70 on Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

tmblaw

New

Post by tmblaw » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:05 pm

Has everyone who is transferring officially withdrawn from their 1L school? I'm debating how long to wait on that...I need to keep my Lexis Nexis log-in and I'm not sure if that will expire when I withdraw, or when I'll get one from GW.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

mixmasterehd

New

Post by mixmasterehd » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:51 pm

does gw send out its dings all at the same time?

joonhp

Bronze

Post by joonhp » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:14 pm

tmblaw wrote:Has everyone who is transferring officially withdrawn from their 1L school? I'm debating how long to wait on that...I need to keep my Lexis Nexis log-in and I'm not sure if that will expire when I withdraw, or when I'll get one from GW.
yes...i think ur log-in will be fine. mine still worked even though i didn't take summer classes, and they had said it wouldn't.
maf70 wrote:Anyone start looking for apartments yet?
found one in arlington

burkinafaso

New

Post by burkinafaso » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:24 pm

joonhp wrote:
found one in arlington
You mean the straight up thug town called Arlington?

I love Arlington. If you folks are new to the area, Arlington is a great place to live. The neighborhoods range from quiet to lively, from houses to highrises. There's something for everyone in Arlington. Here's a quick ref. I know there's a better one somewhere...will look for it.

joonhp

Bronze

Post by joonhp » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:40 pm

burkinafaso wrote:
joonhp wrote:
found one in arlington
You mean the straight up thug town called Arlington?

I love Arlington. If you folks are new to the area, Arlington is a great place to live. The neighborhoods range from quiet to lively, from houses to highrises. There's something for everyone in Arlington. Here's a quick ref. I know there's a better one somewhere...will look for it.
PUAHAHAH..yes ..that arlington...near pentagon city.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

burkinafaso

New

Post by burkinafaso » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:17 pm

joonhp wrote:
burkinafaso wrote:Arlington.
PUAHAHAH..yes ..that arlington...near pentagon city.
Excellent choice. Been in P City for 4 years now, and love the walkability + quiet at night.

tmblaw

New

Post by tmblaw » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:37 pm

joonhp wrote:
tmblaw wrote:Has everyone who is transferring officially withdrawn from their 1L school? I'm debating how long to wait on that...I need to keep my Lexis Nexis log-in and I'm not sure if that will expire when I withdraw, or when I'll get one from GW.
yes...i think ur log-in will be fine. mine still worked even though i didn't take summer classes, and they had said it wouldn't.

Does this mean that it still worked after you withdrew from your school, or just during the summer? Because obviously mine still works now...but then again I signed up for the ASPIRE summer research thing so I keep getting points during my summer use.

joonhp

Bronze

Post by joonhp » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:23 pm

tmblaw wrote:
joonhp wrote:

Does this mean that it still worked after you withdrew from your school, or just during the summer? Because obviously mine still works now...but then again I signed up for the ASPIRE summer research thing so I keep getting points during my summer use.

Just checked tmblaw...i am officially withdrawn from my school, but my lexis still works. hope this helps. although...it would be unethical i suppose to run searches =P

Pisto3

New

Post by Pisto3 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:42 am

Anyone know how the curve works at GW? At my 1L school there was a sliding scale based on the number of students in the class (smaller seminars had very high curves A-, advanced classes w/prereqs were a B+ and most of the Bar classes (1L curriculum/Corporations/Tax, etc) had a B curve.

Would love if someone could tell me - also, any word on when we are getting our e-mails and instructions on registration?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”