Loyola transfers

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
random5483

Re: Loyola transfers

Postby random5483 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:44 pm

Danteshek wrote:Of course I am biased. I made the decision and benefited. It's the naysayers in this thread who are speculating.

You speak from the experience of a transfer student who made law review at Loyola. The majority of transfer students will not make law review. Moreover, how do you know you would not have gotten a similar (or maybe better) job if you stayed at Southwestern.

Most of us here cannot speak from personal experience; however, the legal market is more predictable than most other markets. A Southwestern degree, everything else being equal, is worth less than a Loyola degree. The problem is, not everything is equal when one is considering a transfer.

Feel free to make more disparaging comments about my writing on an online forum. Or better yet, compare my writing here to law school exams where most students don't spend much time on grammar or spelling. At the end of the day, your success and my lack of writing ability are not what matters for the OP. Rather, he needs to balance the risk versus reward and make the decision for himself.

Danteshek

Postby Danteshek » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:07 pm

I agree that OP does not have all the information he needs to make an informed decision. He probably doesn't have access to the type of high placed lawyers who advised me in no uncertain terms to transfer.

vanwinkle

Postby vanwinkle » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:09 pm

Danteshek wrote:I agree that OP does not have all the information he needs to make an informed decision. He probably doesn't have access to the type of high placed lawyers who advised me in no uncertain terms to transfer.

Okay. Two different concepts here:

1) OP having all the information. This means getting an equal chance to hear from everyone and consider all their input.

2) The concept that you have all the information OP needs to make an informed decision. Your experience does not translate universally to all people considering even a similar move. Just because it turned out well for you does not mean it will always turn out well for other people.

In other words: Stop being so arrogant, it detracts from what limited usefulness you do have here.

mc444

Postby mc444 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:58 pm

Loyola has still not accepted or denied my application.... it's August 11th and they start school on the 22nd (others start much earlier so it's not really fair)! I am attending another school, but I think it's still ridiculous that they haven't given me an answer. I refuse to withdraw my application...I paid good money and at least deserve a rejection letter in the mail :roll: :D
Okay, sorry for the vent.

Return to “Transfers”