- - I was born and raised in Chicago. I love the city dearly, however the main reason I am transferring is because I want a school that provides the most options geographically. I would have been basically stuck in Chicago at my T2.
- Looking for strong International Law program.
- Possibility that I will pursue a MPP or MA in International Relations after graduating, hopefully at a top school (e.g. John's Hopkins, Georgetown, Michigan).
- Looking at only Public Interest / Government jobs... I have absolutely zero interest in Biglaw. My dream is to eventually join the Foreign Service/USAID.
- Eligible for in-state tuition at UIUC, which translates into 20k savings overall (though I'm looking at at least 130k+ overall UG + LS debt).
- My girlfriend is in school at UIUC currently, and we would have to do long-distance for at least two semesters if I chose WUSTL.
- I get a better feeling from WUSTL as a school, but a better feel from Champaign Urbana as a city. That said, I could see myself living in STL after graduation, but not vise versa.
Anyways, I'm super torn between the two. I'd be interested in hearing others' thoughts on the choice I'm facing. Thanks in advance.