Chances of Transfer, 22% rank, T4 Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
AnyRandChangedmylife

New

Chances of Transfer, 22% rank, T4

Post by AnyRandChangedmylife » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:39 pm

'ello,

I am kinda wondering what my chances of a transfer are. I want to live and practice in a very large urban environment and happened to have achieved a rank of top 22% in my first year. I am at a school that is ranked by US News as in the fourth tier. My LSAT was low (below 155 but above 150). I have put in a few applications, but am going to be putting in some more over the next couple of days.

1. Rutgers (either Newark or Camden)
2. Saint Johns University School of Law
3. UConn
4. Yeshiva University School of Law
5. University of California at Los Angeles
6. University of Washington (state)
7. New York Law School (NOT New York University)
8. Northeastern University School of Law
9. Seton Hall
10. University of California: Hastings
11. Loyola (Los Angeles)
12. Santa Clara
13. Seattle University School of Law
14. University of Oregon
15. Lewis and Clark University
16. Gonzaga University
17. University of Hawaii

Edit: Now top 19%! Yay!
Last edited by AnyRandChangedmylife on Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AnyRandChangedmylife

New

Re: Chances of Transfer, 22% rank, T4

Post by AnyRandChangedmylife » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:07 pm

Also, another question. Does it look better to have some average grades and some outstanding grades, such as

C, C, B+, B, A-, Cali Award A+

OR all above average grades?

B, B, B+ B+ B+ A

lawgod

Bronze

Post by lawgod » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:59 pm

Law school in Hawaii? Why didn't anyone tell me about this?

Regionality

Silver

Post by Regionality » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:31 pm

flame.

bceagles182

Silver

Post by bceagles182 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:43 pm

Subtle USC trolling?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

3ThrowAway99

Gold

Post by 3ThrowAway99 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:57 pm

AnyRandChangedmylife wrote:'ello,

I am kinda wondering what my chances of a transfer are. I want to live and practice in a very large urban environment and happened to have achieved a rank of top 22% in my first year. I am at a school that is ranked by US News as in the fourth tier. My LSAT was low (below 155 but above 150). I have put in a few applications, but am going to be putting in some more over the next couple of days.

3. UConn
9. Seton Hall
11. Loyola (Los Angeles)
12. Santa Clara
14. University of Oregon
16. Gonzaga University
17. University of Hawaii

Assuming you are for real, I think you could reasonably target some T2 (50-100) schools. If you can think of compelling reasons to be at a particular school that might help. It sounds like you are considering a lateral to some other TTT or TTTT schools (I believe NYLS and Northeastern are such), in which case you should have a good shot. Prob wouldn't be worth it for those schools if you are on substantial scholarship IMO, even if they are in a city you prefer. I think your chances at T1 are slim at best, but all of this is just speculation on my part. I think UCLA would be a waste of money frankly. Other than that, although a lot of the other schools (especially T1) are probably far-fetched, I don't necessarily think you'd be a guaranteed reject at most of the schools you mentioned, and I would think you'd prob have a decent shot at some lower T2 schools.

With the grading thing you mention in another post, I really don't know if one set of results would be preferable to another.

bceagles182

Silver

Post by bceagles182 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:03 pm

Lawquacious wrote:
AnyRandChangedmylife wrote:'ello,

3. UConn
9. Seton Hall
11. Loyola (Los Angeles)
12. Santa Clara
14. University of Oregon
16. Gonzaga University
17. University of Hawaii

Assuming you are for real, I think you could reasonably target some T2 (50-100) schools. If you can think of compelling reasons to be at a particular school that might help. It sounds like you are considering a lateral to some other TTT or TTTT schools (I believe NYLS and Northeastern are such), in which case you should have a good shot. Prob wouldn't be worth it for those schools if you are on substantial scholarship IMO, even if they are in a city you prefer. I think your chances at T1 are slim at best, but all of this is just speculation on my part. I think UCLA would be a waste of money frankly. Other than that, although a lot of the other schools (especially T1) are probably far-fetched, I don't necessarily think you'd be a guaranteed reject at most of the schools you mentioned, and I would think you'd prob have a decent shot at some lower T2 schools.

With the grading thing you mention in another post, I really don't know if one set of results would be preferable to another.

Northeastern is a T2, it just doesn't place well b/c it is public interest oriented and does not have grades.

AnyRandChangedmylife

New

Post by AnyRandChangedmylife » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:05 pm

What if I found out, by a stroke of craziness that I was no longer 22% but now actually 19%. Does that change anything?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”