Transfer students and class registration Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Norwood

Bronze

Transfer students and class registration

Post by Norwood » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:41 pm

Is it difficult for transfer students to register for classes, especially the popular ones? My current school just had its registration this past week and many of the courses have reached full capacity. Do schools hold a few seats open for its transfer students? Or are you just stuck trying to fill up with units that happen to fit in your schedule as a transfer student?

D.Wilde

Bronze

Re: Transfer students and class registration

Post by D.Wilde » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:00 pm

I can only speak from my experience, but HLS held spots in all of the large, popular classes and some of the small seminars for transfer students. In many ways, being a transfer was an advantage, as we could always whine to the registrar about not getting a chance to register with everyone else, and as a result, most of the transfers got almost all the courses they wanted.

PeanutHead

New

Re: Transfer students and class registration

Post by PeanutHead » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:42 pm

GULC is the same way for transfer students. You have a great shot at getting into your top picks.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”