.

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Peeblepop
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:52 am

.

Postby Peeblepop » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:55 am

.
Last edited by Peeblepop on Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

D.Wilde
Posts: 120
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:03 am

Re: Am I a lick? I mean a lock...

Postby D.Wilde » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:25 am

No. From my experience with transfer admissions, no one is ever really a "lock." You have a seriously solid shot, but these kinds of things are definitely less certain than the original admissions chances.

Peeblepop
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:52 am

Re: Am I a lick? I mean a lock...

Postby Peeblepop » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:42 pm

What do you think my chances are being? Do you have any of advice for me?

User avatar
starchinkilt
Posts: 361
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:22 am

Re: Am I a lick? I mean a lock...

Postby starchinkilt » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:52 pm

Peeblepop wrote:What do you think my chances are being? Do you have any of advice for me?


If you already applied, just wait and see what happens over the next few weeks.

If you haven't applied, get on that asap. Then, just wait and see what happens over the next few weeks.

ToTransferOrNot
Posts: 1928
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:45 am

Re: Am I a lick? I mean a lock...

Postby ToTransferOrNot » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:54 pm

You obviously have a very good chance at Harvard, Yale is always a blackbox, and I would be extremely surprised if you do not get into one of CCN. That said, wondering about whether you're a "lock" is a waste of time - you'll find out one way or another soon enough.

Peeblepop
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:52 am

Re: Am I a lick? I mean a lock...

Postby Peeblepop » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:58 pm

;p;
Last edited by Peeblepop on Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

traydeuce
Posts: 680
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:07 pm

Re: Am I a lick? I mean a lock...

Postby traydeuce » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:16 pm

No, you're not a lock. I had very similar numbers from a slightly worse school last year and ended up at Georgetown. Much will depend on your essay. In fact, I'd say the odds are against Harvard and Yale, simply because a ton of people with your credentials will apply and they only have so many spots. But what is very probable is your getting into one, two, or all three of Chicago, Columbia, and NYU. And among those, Columbia and NYU are most likely; Chicago is pickier and pretty unpredictable.

Peeblepop
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:52 am

Re: Am I a lick? I mean a lock...

Postby Peeblepop » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:54 pm

gh

User avatar
myq
Posts: 116
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:22 pm

Re: Am I a lick? I mean a lock...

Postby myq » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:22 am

traydeuce wrote:No, you're not a lock. I had very similar numbers from a slightly worse school last year and ended up at Georgetown. Much will depend on your essay. In fact, I'd say the odds are against Harvard and Yale, simply because a ton of people with your credentials will apply and they only have so many spots. But what is very probable is your getting into one, two, or all three of Chicago, Columbia, and NYU. And among those, Columbia and NYU are most likely; Chicago is pickier and pretty unpredictable.


Traydeuce, I am a big fan. Any bakery roll-like experiences this year at Georgetown?

Transferthrowaway
Posts: 608
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:40 am

Re: Am I a lick? I mean a lock...

Postby Transferthrowaway » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:36 am

myq wrote:
traydeuce wrote:No, you're not a lock. I had very similar numbers from a slightly worse school last year and ended up at Georgetown. Much will depend on your essay. In fact, I'd say the odds are against Harvard and Yale, simply because a ton of people with your credentials will apply and they only have so many spots. But what is very probable is your getting into one, two, or all three of Chicago, Columbia, and NYU. And among those, Columbia and NYU are most likely; Chicago is pickier and pretty unpredictable.


Traydeuce, I am a big fan. Any bakery roll-like experiences this year at Georgetown?


There has been a noticeable run on bakery rolls during the months of December and May.




Return to “Transfers”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.