Notre Dame Transfer? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
h2oplyer7

Bronze

Re: Notre Dame Transfer?

Post by h2oplyer7 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:33 pm

I am confused myself. My application still shows incomplete on the checker. However, I did send my unofficial transcripts. I don't know. You think it's a mistake? I didn't get an email.

Edit: I hope not since my family and I are celebrating. Hahaha I will be so bummed.

The decision was on the 20th. I can't believe I didn't know!!!!

mike.alexander23

Bronze

Post by mike.alexander23 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:55 pm

h2oplyer7 wrote:I am confused myself. My application still shows incomplete on the checker. However, I did send my unofficial transcripts. I don't know. You think it's a mistake? I didn't get an email.

Edit: I hope not since my family and I are celebrating. Hahaha I will be so bummed.

Hmm that's weird and awesome. So where it would say "Complete" or "First Committee Review" it says "Accepted"?

mike.alexander23

Bronze

Post by mike.alexander23 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:12 pm

ps i hope my numbers can hold up for an acceptance....that would be a sweet deal

Dawkins

New

Post by Dawkins » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:14 pm

mike.alexander23 wrote:
Dawkins wrote:I'm also looking at ND versus WUSTL. But I haven't heard back from ND yet. I really liked both campuses.
when did your ND app go complete?
I've been complete for 4 days.

Dawkins

New

Post by Dawkins » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:15 pm

h2oplyer7 wrote:I am confused myself. My application still shows incomplete on the checker. However, I did send my unofficial transcripts. I don't know. You think it's a mistake? I didn't get an email.

Congrats man. That's awesome.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

kyle010723

Silver

Post by kyle010723 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:37 pm

h2oplyer7 wrote:In at Notre Dame!!!! I just checked the status checker. Evidently they don't send an email.
Congrat! Email comes after status check, though it's Saturday, so unless they're working overtime, you'll probably get your email Monday.

mike.alexander23

Bronze

Post by mike.alexander23 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:12 pm

Dawkins wrote:
mike.alexander23 wrote:
Dawkins wrote:I'm also looking at ND versus WUSTL. But I haven't heard back from ND yet. I really liked both campuses.
when did your ND app go complete?
I've been complete for 4 days.
Hmm. I thought the turn around was supposed to be faster than that

Dawkins

New

Post by Dawkins » Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:30 pm

mike.alexander23 wrote: Hmm. I thought the turn around was supposed to be faster than that
Well one of those 4 days was Saturday. I'm sure it all depends on how busy they are.

mike.alexander23

Bronze

Post by mike.alexander23 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:57 pm

Dawkins wrote:
mike.alexander23 wrote: Hmm. I thought the turn around was supposed to be faster than that
Well one of those 4 days was Saturday. I'm sure it all depends on how busy they are.
Damnn

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

h2oplyer7

Bronze

Post by h2oplyer7 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:14 pm

mike.alexander23 wrote:

Hmm that's weird and awesome. So where it would say "Complete" or "First Committee Review" it says "Accepted"?
It says decision made. Below that it says admitted. Above the status checker it has instructions for admitted students and a password.

It is odd, but I'm not complaining. :)

The odd thing is that below the admittance there are a list of things required for a complete application and four of mine are not checked. That's why I am a little surprised. I am guessing they just used my unofficial transcripts.

kyle010723

Silver

Post by kyle010723 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:26 pm

h2oplyer7 wrote: It says decision made. Below that it says admitted. Above the status checker it has instructions for admitted students and a password.

The odd thing is that below the admittance there are a list of things required for a complete application and four of mine are not checked. That's why I am a little surprised. I am guessing they just used my unofficial transcripts.
Acceptance is acceptance is acceptance, congratulation :)

mike.alexander23

Bronze

Post by mike.alexander23 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:36 pm

h2oplyer7 wrote:
mike.alexander23 wrote:

It says decision made. Below that it says admitted. Above the status checker it has instructions for admitted students and a password.

Well done dude!

jmls1987

Bronze

Post by jmls1987 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:13 pm

h2oplyer7 wrote:In at Notre Dame!!!! I just checked the status checker. Evidently they don't send an email.
Congrats! I hope I have the same problem as you guys (choosing between ND and WUSTL)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

h2oplyer7

Bronze

Post by h2oplyer7 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:41 pm

I just got my package. It is glorious!!! :D

I have to look over my budget now and try to figure out if I can afford it. I am going to grab a calculator and put Rudy on. hahaha

mike.alexander23

Bronze

Post by mike.alexander23 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:46 pm

h2oplyer7 wrote:I just got my package. It is glorious!!! :D

I have to look over my budget now and try to figure out if I can afford it. I am going to grab a calculator and put Rudy on. hahaha
so jealous and happy for you, bud! congrats again

the rest of my app should go complete today or tomorrow so hopefully i can get a decision soon

kyle010723

Silver

Post by kyle010723 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:28 pm

h2oplyer7 wrote:I just got my package. It is glorious!!! :D

My package is being sent to my school address and I am out of town for my summer job, what does the package entail?

h2oplyer7

Bronze

Post by h2oplyer7 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:28 pm

Nothing too much. It comes with a guide to Notre Dame with a lot of info. It's like 100 pages. There is also a bumper sticker for ND Law and our congrats letter. It came in a big envelope. I was super excited when I got it. The emotions are taking over. :)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

mike.alexander23

Bronze

Post by mike.alexander23 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:21 am

h2oplyer7 wrote:Nothing too much. It comes with a guide to Notre Dame with a lot of info. It's like 100 pages. There is also a bumper sticker for ND Law and our congrats letter. It came in a big envelope. I was super excited when I got it. The emotions are taking over. :)
I WANT

mike.alexander23

Bronze

Post by mike.alexander23 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:05 pm

did it take a while for the Admin. Office to process your guys' materials (i.e. transcripts, undergrad transcripts, rank letter, etc.)?
I sent mine in last week and I'm quite positive they were delivered last week but still not status change to App. Complete...Did they process your materials relatively quick?

jmls1987

Bronze

Post by jmls1987 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:44 pm

Thanks for the earlier message about not worrying about the interview. It was pretty basic questions. Why do you want to transfer...what attracts you to NDLS...describe an ideal law student...etc. I was told they just got all of my transcripts in so I should be complete soon. Hopefully a quick decision. Good luck to all that are waiting

h2oplyer7

Bronze

Post by h2oplyer7 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:47 am

I think they processed my paperwork in about four weeks. I had my interview on May 23rd.

Hope that helps

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

mike.alexander23

Bronze

Post by mike.alexander23 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:27 pm

i know all my materials are just sitting in a mail pile waiting to be processed :x

LuckyIrish2

New

Post by LuckyIrish2 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:38 am

If anyone has any questions I'm a rising 2L at ND also went there undergrad

kyle010723

Silver

Post by kyle010723 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:49 am

So I plan on sending ND my check today and withdraw/decline from WUSTL. It is not an easy decision. But in the end, granted my target market is Chicago, in the event I do not get Chicago, I think being from Indiana, I can sell to employers that I want to work in Indiana if I go to ND, whereas I doubt any employer in St. Louis will take me seriously if I tell them after spending two years at WUSTL, I suddenly love STL.

Even though WUSTL has a much stronger IP program, and a gorgious campus. Not easy.

h2oplyer7

Bronze

Post by h2oplyer7 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:57 am

kyle010723 wrote:So I plan on sending ND my check today and withdraw/decline from WUSTL. It is not an easy decision. But in the end, granted my target market is Chicago, in the event I do not get Chicago, I think being from Indiana, I can sell to employers that I want to work in Indiana if I go to ND, whereas I doubt any employer in St. Louis will take me seriously if I tell them after spending two years at WUSTL, I suddenly love STL.

Even though WUSTL has a much stronger IP program, and a gorgious campus. Not easy.
Congrats Kyle, I am still struggling to make up my mind. I am 90% leaning towards spending the money and going to Notre Dame. I spoke with an Alum from a few years ago last night who told me about his experience. He was telling me how amazing the people are. I am pretty much sold. I love St. Louis, and WUSTL is a beautiful school, but this is freakin Notre Dame.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”