Notre Dame Transfer? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
mike.alexander23

Bronze

Re: Notre Dame Transfer?

Post by mike.alexander23 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:06 pm

kyle010723 wrote:If you know you want to be in the midwest in the long run, ND > UCLA, but if you want soCal, UCLA/USC > ND
agreed...i think you can't go wrong as long as you're happy and can live with it! either way, i'm proud and happy of my acceptance at ND...if USC or UCLA don't work out...i'll meet some of you next month over a cold one at the pub :P :mrgreen:

jmls1987

Bronze

Post by jmls1987 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:48 pm

mike.alexander23 wrote:
kyle010723 wrote:If you know you want to be in the midwest in the long run, ND > UCLA, but if you want soCal, UCLA/USC > ND
agreed...i think you can't go wrong as long as you're happy and can live with it! either way, i'm proud and happy of my acceptance at ND...if USC or UCLA don't work out...i'll meet some of you next month over a cold one at the pub :P :mrgreen:
Wait.....lets rephrase that last sentence....meet some of you next month over SEVERAL cold ones at the pub ! :lol:

kyle010723

Silver

Post by kyle010723 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:57 am

Got my ND email and Symplicity login, this is getting real

mike.alexander23

Bronze

Post by mike.alexander23 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:04 am

I just want to make sure that this first seat deposit is non-binding? I mean getting an ND ail account, symplicity login, and bidding for EIW all sound like perks you get after you fully commit. Am I wrong??

kyle010723

Silver

Post by kyle010723 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:09 am

I deposited to WUSTL long time ago because I applied for EA. Got symplicity, student ID number, and my file was already sent over to the registra; then I told them that I would not be attending, they didnt even give it a second thought, just switch my status to decline admission. The short story is I do not think a deposit is binding.

If you are concerned, call and ask them. You might not want to tell them who you are though.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

mike.alexander23

Bronze

Post by mike.alexander23 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:23 pm

kyle010723 wrote:I deposited to WUSTL long time ago because I applied for EA. Got symplicity, student ID number, and my file was already sent over to the registra; then I told them that I would not be attending, they didnt even give it a second thought, just switch my status to decline admission. The short story is I do not think a deposit is binding.

If you are concerned, call and ask them. You might not want to tell them who you are though.
makes sense. thx for the help

jmls1987

Bronze

Post by jmls1987 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:38 pm

Just went complete. Keep you guys updated...I'm hoping to get a quick response...tired of waiting

mike.alexander23

Bronze

Post by mike.alexander23 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:00 pm

jmls1987 wrote:Just went complete. Keep you guys updated...I'm hoping to get a quick response...tired of waiting
good luck, man

mike.alexander23

Bronze

Post by mike.alexander23 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:03 pm

Called ND. Non binding seat deposit but as always it is non-refundable

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

kyle010723

Silver

Post by kyle010723 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:08 pm

Excellent!

jmls1987

Bronze

Post by jmls1987 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:21 pm

Kyle....did your status finally change with the Illinois app? Check it ...my status date changed...but status part is blank

kyle010723

Silver

Post by kyle010723 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:28 pm

You're right, there's no status anymore, but I guress they finally got around to do something to the files. Now whether they fold them into paper airplanes or build a camp fire out of them is another question.

I rode out the waitlist for UofI last year, and here they are, making me wait again.

mike.alexander23

Bronze

Post by mike.alexander23 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:37 pm

kyle010723 wrote:You're right, there's no status anymore, but I guress they finally got around to do something to the files. Now whether they fold them into paper airplanes or build a camp fire out of them is another question.

I rode out the waitlist for UofI last year, and here they are, making me wait again.
HAHAHA... I would kill to spend one day in a law school admissions office...especially arround this time of year...I wouldn't be surprised if it's like a scene from animal house or a harlem shake vid

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

jmls1987

Bronze

Post by jmls1987 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:40 pm

mike.alexander23 wrote:
kyle010723 wrote:You're right, there's no status anymore, but I guress they finally got around to do something to the files. Now whether they fold them into paper airplanes or build a camp fire out of them is another question.

HAHAHA... I would kill to spend one day in a law school admissions office...especially arround this time of year...I wouldn't be surprised if it's like a scene from animal house or a harlem shake vid

LOL ! They better get decisions out soon....I was wondering what a blank status means...or if they will just leave it like that for weeks

jmls1987

Bronze

Post by jmls1987 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:42 pm

You wouldn't go if accepted ---would you? ND Irish all the way- correct?

kyle010723

Silver

Post by kyle010723 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:47 pm

jmls1987 wrote:You wouldn't go if accepted ---would you? ND Irish all the way- correct?
I just want an acceptance letter from UofI cause I've been waiting for one since last year.
Last edited by kyle010723 on Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jmls1987

Bronze

Post by jmls1987 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:33 pm

Hey guys....in at WUSTL...hopefully same news from ND soon! It feels great to have an opportunity to study at a well respected law school coming from a T4 :D

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

h2oplyer7

Bronze

Post by h2oplyer7 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:37 pm

jmls1987 wrote:Hey guys....in at WUSTL...hopefully same news from ND soon! It feels great to have an opportunity to study at a well respected law school coming from a T4 :D
Awesome! Congrats! WUSTL is such a beautiful school. I love the law building. I hear they have free beer on certain days too. Gotta love Bud country!

kyle010723

Silver

Post by kyle010723 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:51 pm

jmls1987 wrote:Hey guys....in at WUSTL...hopefully same news from ND soon! It feels great to have an opportunity to study at a well respected law school coming from a T4 :D
Congrats! Guess you dont have to worry about UofI after all? Actually, are you sure you want to leave JM ;)? Downtown Chicago is not a bad place to be.

jmls1987

Bronze

Post by jmls1987 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:04 pm

Yup...no longer have to worry about U of I or any of the others I applied to. ND is my primary focus now. I have until July 16 to commit to WUSTL. I assume that I will have a decision by then from ND. I have already been to WUSTL, and it truly is a beautiful campus. I haven't been to ND, but I hear it is really nice.

What made your guys' decision to pick ND over WUSTL?

jmls1987

Bronze

Post by jmls1987 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:06 pm

h2oplyer7 wrote:
Awesome! Congrats! WUSTL is such a beautiful school. I love the law building. I hear they have free beer on certain days too. Gotta love Bud country!
Definitely gotta love Bud country.....actually drinking a cold Bud now in celebration of my first decision/acceptance I received

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

kyle010723

Silver

Post by kyle010723 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:22 pm

jmls1987 wrote:What made your guys' decision to pick ND over WUSTL?
For me, it comes down to the soft factors, academic wise both school are on equal footing.

But I like ND because:

I grew up in Indiana, I'm very familiar with ND, whereas the only time I've been to St Louis was to visit WUSTL.

Adding on to the first point, IF I don't find a job in Chicago—my target market—I rather work in Indiana than St Louis

ND alumni is fiercely loyal and will do anything they can do to help a fellow domer

ND's is much better known amoung the common people

D1 sports, enough said

mike.alexander23

Bronze

Post by mike.alexander23 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:26 pm

kyle010723 wrote:
jmls1987 wrote:What made your guys' decision to pick ND over WUSTL?
For me, it comes down to the soft factors, academic wise both school are on equal footing.

But I like ND because:

I grew up in Indiana, I'm very familiar with ND, whereas the only time I've been to St Louis was to visit WUSTL.

Adding on to the first point, IF I don't find a job in Chicago—my target market—I rather work in Indiana than St Louis

ND alumni is fiercely loyal and will do anything they can do to help a fellow domer

ND's is much better known amoung the common people

D1 sports, enough said
D1 sports 8)

h2oplyer7

Bronze

Post by h2oplyer7 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:45 pm

My fiancee really loved WUSTL. It is a beautiful school, and the admin people are amazing. Granted, neither has anything directly to do with the law, but I think it does have a great deal to do with how much you will enjoy law school.

I chose Notre Dame over WUSTL after a lot of thought. I had a full ride to WUSTL and ND would cost me around 23k a year. That being said: (1) I'm a Catholic boy (2) I think ND might be the most beautiful campus I have ever seen (3) I hope to work in finance, and your common rich folk know ND, lawyers do know WUSTL though (4) I prefer Chicago over St. Louis, though St. Louis is an awesome city to party and hang (5) NOTRE DAME FOOTBALL! ;)

Either way, you can't go wrong with WUSTL. It is an amazing school. If I never got into Notre Dame, I would be stoked to go to WUSTL. I would catch the trolley every day up to Busch Stadium and catch a ball game. It's a great school in a great city.

h2oplyer7

Bronze

Post by h2oplyer7 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:36 pm

This hurts me to write, but I will not be going to Notre Dame in the Fall.

I was just accepted to UCLA. Because I am a veteran, UCLA is free for me to attend, and Notre Dame is not. My heart is still in South Bend, but my fiancee and my fear of being in debt has compelled me to withdraw. I hope that another worthy soul will find in South Bend his or her home. It is an amazing school, and maybe one day I can get my LLM there. ;)

Good luck, everyone and Happy Fourth of July!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”