Help a brother out... Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

To where should I transfer?

Tulane
24%
WUSTL
29%
Emory
47%

Total votes: 38

schwar46

Bronze

Help a brother out...

Post by schwar46 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:08 pm

Hey pretty ladies,

I just wanted to throw this poll out there as I have no idea where to transfer to. I've been admitted to all 3, and I'm interested in practicing in the south, and I'm unsure as to how far WUSTL's name can carry (I've heard it's primarily a feeder school for the midwest). Throw some expertise at me please....

Total Litigator

Silver

Re: Help a brother out...

Post by Total Litigator » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:40 pm

When it comes to reputation in the South, Emory probably beats out WUSTL as a general rule of thumb. Although Tulane is a great school as well, I think Emory would be your best bet. That being said, Tulane is on a rebound and Emory has run into recent trouble.

schwar46

Bronze

Post by schwar46 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:47 pm

Total Litigator wrote:When it comes to reputation in the South, Emory probably beats out WUSTL as a general rule of thumb. Although Tulane is a great school as well, I think Emory would be your best bet. That being said, Tulane is on a rebound and Emory has run into recent trouble.
Emory has run into recent trouble? Do you know why specifically? Thanks!

dresden doll

Platinum

Post by dresden doll » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:48 pm

Why is Tulane in this poll?

schwar46

Bronze

Post by schwar46 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:09 pm

I figured its rep in the south was strong, and perhaps stronger than WUSTL.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Danteshek

Gold

Post by Danteshek » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:28 pm

Doesn't really matter where you go . . .

thesealocust

Platinum

Post by thesealocust » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:11 am

schwar46 wrote:
Total Litigator wrote:When it comes to reputation in the South, Emory probably beats out WUSTL as a general rule of thumb. Although Tulane is a great school as well, I think Emory would be your best bet. That being said, Tulane is on a rebound and Emory has run into recent trouble.
Emory has run into recent trouble? Do you know why specifically? Thanks!
Seriously? Emory has been all over the place for diminishing employment prospects / recruiting, blunders from the administration, maybe even a U.S. News tumble to add insult to injury if memory serves. Have you researched this at all? Just punch 'Emory' into Above the Law's search engine and check it out.

schwar46

Bronze

Post by schwar46 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:53 pm

I guess I see your point- Emory's ranking has dropped significantly over the past few years. I assume its ranking will rebound so long as there aren't any more SNAFUs. We shall see. Given the polling, it seems convincing to most that this would be the school to attend of the three posted.

billyez

Silver

Post by billyez » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:26 pm

schwar46 wrote:I figured its rep in the south was strong, and perhaps stronger than WUSTL.
Tulane is known in the South, sure - and it places most of its graduates, I believe, outside of Louisiana. But I feel like my comment is mostly superficial...we can talk about the reputation of these schools generally, sure, but I'm supposing that your real question is whether that reputation will be strong enough to get you in at the market you want, right? Since I don't know what market you want to go into or if you don't have any preference at all, I'm not sure I'd be able to help "my brother" out - so to speak. :lol:

I would say that even when I was applying I thought Tulane was terribly overpriced for it's ranking. It made me feel like it was the SMU of Louisiana.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”