USC? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
1L1284

New

USC?

Post by 1L1284 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:13 pm

I know this is a tricky school to transfer into. Anyone heard anything yet?
What do you think the odds are for a Top 2-5% student at a T40-50 school?

random5483

Silver

Re: USC?

Post by random5483 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:21 am

Very good. Top 2-5% at a T40-50 school has a strong shot at higher ranked schools (T10). Not sure about USC, but should have a strong chance with any school in the USC range (ie. T20).

RCRARollin

New

Post by RCRARollin » Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:34 am

i would def try UCLA

emoticons777

Bronze

Post by emoticons777 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:31 pm

1L1284 wrote:I know this is a tricky school to transfer into. Anyone heard anything yet?
Those stats would almost def. get you in at UCLA (I know multiple current transfer students with those exact numbers). USC is very tricky though, I also know a handful of transfer students with those stats or better that got into UCLA and were denied at USC. From what I can tell, USC wants a really strong connection not just to the area but to the school - they want to be convinced that you would dedicate your firstborn to the school if accepted (that might be a slight exaggeration).

UCLAtransfer

Bronze

Post by UCLAtransfer » Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:14 pm

emoticons777 wrote:
1L1284 wrote:I know this is a tricky school to transfer into. Anyone heard anything yet?
Those stats would almost def. get you in at UCLA (I know multiple current transfer students with those exact numbers). USC is very tricky though, I also know a handful of transfer students with those stats or better that got into UCLA and were denied at USC. From what I can tell, USC wants a really strong connection not just to the area but to the school - they want to be convinced that you would dedicate your firstborn to the school if accepted (that might be a slight exaggeration).
This is consistent with my experience.

I know of a couple people that got in a few years ago, but it was really random. One was #1 from a local TTT/TTTT, and the other was like top 20% at Pepperdine.

OP, is there some particular reason you didn't aim higher? top 2-5% at a T40-50 should get you WELL into the T14 and potentially as high as CCN.

1L1284

New

Post by 1L1284 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:16 pm

Thank you everyone for your input. I have some personal reasons for staying in the southern CA area so realistically UCLA/USC are the only schools I can attend. Oddly enough, USC's application did not ask who in your immediate family attended (even though UCLA's application did ask)... so I can't figure out their admission strategy at all.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”