Should beach transfer? (15% at T2) Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
beach_terror

Platinum

Re: Should beach transfer? (15% at T2)

Post by beach_terror » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:13 pm

Headybrah wrote:gulc deadline passed I thought
This is correct. Oh well, it was a stretch anyway. Just going to do GW and WUSTL. Hopefully I'll end up with one of them.

Justathought

Silver

Post by Justathought » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:33 pm

If you don't get in to any of your top choices, and don't negotiate a lot of scholarship money at Nova, you could always come to Temple(for instate tuition) with me. I need a spotter at the gym! :P

BarbellDreams

Gold

Post by BarbellDreams » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:03 pm

I honestly see no real reason to transfer to Temple. I get that you would get cheaper tuition for in-state, but I wouldn't take that in exchange for being a transfer (read: no grades) OCI kid. I think BC/BU are solid targets as well as WUSTL and GW. I think I would apply to those 4, and then see if there are any markets that really interest you and consider something like ND or UIUC if those schools feed into those markets.

You and I are in similar positions across the board for school rank, markets, class ranks, etc. and I am pretty sure I am staying. ConLaw took top 10% from me and I feel like if I can't get into a t14 I am better off staying for OCI with current grades than going to a t30 OCI with no grades as a transfer. Not gonna lie, after reading this post I went on the Duke site to check it out, but looking back on previous stats I think I would have less than a 5% chance to get in, and I have no connections to the state. Best I could write is "I wanna come here so I could have more exit options in terms of location." Haha.

BarbellDreams

Gold

Post by BarbellDreams » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:05 pm

beach_terror wrote:
thecilent wrote:I love how you say you'll "take" biglaw if your environmental plans dont work out
Thanks 0L. When you finish your first year, come talk.
Oh, also I wanted to comment on this. I love 0L's flying around the boards like this, especially when they dont understand what law students mean when they say "I'll take biglaw". This doesn't mean "I guess thats ok and maybe I'll settle for it" as much as it means "I have other interest but if somehow I win the lottery and get an offer there is no way in hell I am declining it." There is a big difference between the two and 0L's really need to understand it.

Justathought

Silver

Post by Justathought » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:28 pm

BarbellDreams wrote:I honestly see no real reason to transfer to Temple. I get that you would get cheaper tuition for in-state, but I wouldn't take that in exchange for being a transfer (read: no grades) OCI kid. I think BC/BU are solid targets as well as WUSTL and GW. I think I would apply to those 4, and then see if there are any markets that really interest you and consider something like ND or UIUC if those schools feed into those markets.

You and I are in similar positions across the board for school rank, markets, class ranks, etc. and I am pretty sure I am staying. ConLaw took top 10% from me and I feel like if I can't get into a t14 I am better off staying for OCI with current grades than going to a t30 OCI with no grades as a transfer. Not gonna lie, after reading this post I went on the Duke site to check it out, but looking back on previous stats I think I would have less than a 5% chance to get in, and I have no connections to the state. Best I could write is "I wanna come here so I could have more exit options in terms of location." Haha.
I was 90% kidding. I'm a 0L, and when I saw BT made a transfer post (knowing he went to Nova), I decided to stop by, since he is a fitness nut like me. :lol:

I don't know how OCI bidding works at either school. A transfer to Temple might ruin those shinny grades, since I assume many Philly firms must have GPA cutoffs for our schools.

I do need a spotter at the gym though.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

beach_terror

Platinum

Post by beach_terror » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:44 pm

BarbellDreams wrote:I honestly see no real reason to transfer to Temple. I get that you would get cheaper tuition for in-state, but I wouldn't take that in exchange for being a transfer (read: no grades) OCI kid. I think BC/BU are solid targets as well as WUSTL and GW. I think I would apply to those 4, and then see if there are any markets that really interest you and consider something like ND or UIUC if those schools feed into those markets.

Yeah that's why I'm not looking at Temple. Gotta love a single outlier class (and of course, mine had to be 5 credits) bitchslapping our LR chances.
BarbellDreams wrote: Oh, also I wanted to comment on this. I love 0L's flying around the boards like this, especially when they dont understand what law students mean when they say "I'll take biglaw". This doesn't mean "I guess thats ok and maybe I'll settle for it" as much as it means "I have other interest but if somehow I win the lottery and get an offer there is no way in hell I am declining it." There is a big difference between the two and 0L's really need to understand it.
But what will the world do without his extremely useful second hand information?!?! Luckily he knows his input is so valuable that he doesn't need to follow the 0L posting guidelines.
Justathought wrote: I do need a spotter at the gym though.
Finding someone to lift with in LS is a daunting task. I wish you good luck in an endeavor that is decidedly more difficult than making law review.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”