Transfer from T3 Catholic school to Notre Dame or Georgetown

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
kid charlemagne

Transfer from T3 Catholic school to Notre Dame or Georgetown

Postby kid charlemagne » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:31 pm

My younger brother is attending a third tier Catholic law school and wanted to know how difficult it would be for him to transfer into Georgetown or Notre Dame. I advised him that I didn't know much about transferring other than it was very difficult. I told him that I wouldn't necessarily limit myself to Catholic schools. But, if he insisted, then to look into others such as Gonzaga, St. John's, Loyola-Chicago, Nova, Catholic, etc....

Nonetheless, he insisted on Notre Dame or Georgetown (for good reason I suppose). Anyways, what do you all think? I wasn't sure, but I would assume that his chances would be slim to none. If I had to ballpark it, I would guess that he would have to be in the top 5%...? Yes? No? Maybe?

kaiser

Re: Transfer from T3 Catholic school to Notre Dame or Georgetown

Postby kaiser » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:40 pm

Or he could just pray a lot. Those Catholic kids seem to think that might accomplish something. Lawyers love to have the weight of authority on their side. What better than having that authority be none other than God himself :) But yeah, top 5% to even have a chance.

SeanSatori

Postby SeanSatori » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:11 pm

kaiser wrote:Or he could just pray a lot. Those Catholic kids seem to think that might accomplish something. Lawyers love to have the weight of authority on their side. What better than having that authority be none other than God himself :) But yeah, top 5% to even have a chance.

Most of the top 10% of the class seems to transfer; and almost all are accepted to one of the higher ranked school's in town.

mileslibertatis

Postby mileslibertatis » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:16 pm

If he just finished his 1L year, it's kind of late to be applying...

bloobook

Postby bloobook » Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:05 am

Last edited by bloobook on Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mileslibertatis

Postby mileslibertatis » Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:07 am

But it is now mid-July... most deadlines have passed...

Return to “Transfers”