Top % in a T1 school but weak LSAT: Transfer to HY possible?

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Jacques_Bentley

Top % in a T1 school but weak LSAT: Transfer to HY possible?

Postby Jacques_Bentley » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:27 pm

EDIT: Thanks all for the helpful answers!
Last edited by Jacques_Bentley on Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

InLikeFlint

Re: Top % in a T1 school but weak LSAT: Transfer to HY possible?

Postby InLikeFlint » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:30 pm

retake

bhan87

Postby bhan87 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:32 pm

Disclaimer: 0L

But it was my impression that the LSAT has no meaning after you start law school. They really are more interested in your 1L grades, which are quite impressive

ToTransferOrNot

Postby ToTransferOrNot » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:36 pm

Y is always a black box, but you certainly have a very good chance at H, and would be a fool to not apply. You should also apply to Columbia (and Chicago, in my view, if you're serious about transfering).

And, you really should send in an application to Stanford. It's $85. Even if you don't think you would go if you got in, at least give yourself the choice to choose between Stanford and Columbia, if you get dinged at HY.

Jacques_Bentley

Postby Jacques_Bentley » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:38 pm

InLikeFlint wrote:retake

I can't tell if you're being serious. If you are: I don't believe you are permitted to take the LSAT again once you are a law student. Even if you are permitted to do so, there are obvious reasons (including timing) why this would not be realistic.

Postby 20121109 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:59 pm

InLikeFlint wrote:retake

Not funny, honey.

Consider this a warning.

Verity

Postby Verity » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:08 pm

I'd say your a lock on at least once of HY & C. You'd probably get Penn easy. 95% of the decision for transfers in 1L grades, so they won't care about your LSAT (which was much better than you make it out to be anyway). Throw in an app to NYU also.

D.Wilde

Postby D.Wilde » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:39 pm

Don't worry about LSAT. I'm sure they glance at it, but your's is well within the range of "shouldn't have been originally admitted but score is now irrelevant in light of vastly clearer indications of law school success."

Definitely throw an app at Harvard. Nothing's for sure, but you're certainly within the range of past transfers who have been admitted.

Return to “Transfers”