Thought I didn't need to ask, but now I do: Hastings -> ? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
lawstudento

New

Thought I didn't need to ask, but now I do: Hastings -> ?

Post by lawstudento » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:52 pm

I have one grade to get back, but as long as I get a C+/B-, I should be in the top 15% (better if better). Hastings won't rank until July, but after that last grade I should have an idea of my relative strength.

I have been aiming for UCLA or USC, possibly Fordham (I'd love to live in NYC), but if I have a chance with better schools, I would be remiss to not try.

Where should I be applying, or at least plan to apply, assuming a 10-15% class rank (give or take)?

I figure Georgetown is worth an application, but is Cornell-up worth it? If I'm in the 10-15% range, should I apply to more T-14's, or is it a complete waste?

I don't want to frivolously waste money, but if I have a legitimate chance, I want to apply.

Thoughts on:

Fordham
USC
UCLA
Georgetown
Cornell
NU
up...?

lawstudento

New

Re: Thought I didn't need to ask, but now I do: Hastings -> ?

Post by lawstudento » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:24 pm

Also, it seems like schools each have a different requirement or proclivity, how are you guys navigating this?

Seems like I need:

A dean's certification/letter of good standing, law school transcripts, some require undergrad dean's certification, a letter about class standing, and then the LOR's/personal statement/etc.

It seems a bit confused.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”