T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
ms2010

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby ms2010 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:18 pm

Yeah... I still have GTown, Penn, NYU, and Columbia left. Although, my status updated at GTown and no access to the admitted students site which is making me nervous.

Come on Penn!

Fishmouse

Postby Fishmouse » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:19 pm

D.Wilde wrote:
Fishmouse wrote:
Colonial1127 wrote:Are H admits waiting to hear from Y before sending in acceptance form? Y says decisions mid-late next week and the following, though H form due 22nd. Thanks in advance.

Did all H admits get that deadline? If so the H cycle is set to an earlier schedule than previous years when many people were accepted around July 20th. Guess those of us who have not heard are likely dings.

HLS traditionally gives transfers exactly one week from whenever they're notified to decide. Having spoken with a bunch of transfer admits, I'm pretty sure they're doing the same this year. I think Vanwinkle's hypothesis of another wave on or around 7/25 is definitely possible.

Also, I'm not surprised things are moving earlier for HLS because OCI got bumped to a week or two earlier than it was last year.

Wouldn't the oci change suggest that there wouldn't be a july20ish wave? Last year it seemed like only a handful admitted this week and then the vast majority next week. I think it's clear that the vast majority of admits have already gone out. Do you really think the huge July 20 wave from last year was a "let's see who accePts from July 12" wave. Also, this year ppl accepted on the 8th had until the 22nd (2weeks)

keg411

Postby keg411 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:21 pm

ms2010 wrote:My letters of recc should have both been really good... I also had really good softs (2 CALIs, won mock trial comp., won moot court Comp, school's law review). I'm so confused.

The only thing I can think of then is your school's crappy curve.

Wholigan

Postby Wholigan » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:24 pm

keg411 wrote:
ms2010 wrote:My letters of recc should have both been really good... I also had really good softs (2 CALIs, won mock trial comp., won moot court Comp, school's law review). I'm so confused.

+1. There is someone else ITT outside the top 5% at a lower ranked school, but with a much higher GPA on a really generous curve, who already got into CLS & Penn.

lawschool56789

Postby lawschool56789 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:26 pm

ms2010 wrote:Yeah... I still have GTown, Penn, NYU, and Columbia left. Although, my status updated at GTown and no access to the admitted students site which is making me nervous.

Come on Penn!

Any idea whether Columbia is done admitting for this week?

kaiser

Postby kaiser » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:33 pm

lawschool56789 wrote:
ms2010 wrote:Yeah... I still have GTown, Penn, NYU, and Columbia left. Although, my status updated at GTown and no access to the admitted students site which is making me nervous.

Come on Penn!

I'm sure they are. Their deposit for the recent acceptances is Monday the 18th, so once they see the yield from that first batch, it will give them an idea as to what flexibility they will have with the 2nd wave. So I can't imagine them accepting even more people before they know who is coming from wave 1.

flcath

Postby flcath » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:35 pm

kaiser wrote:
lawschool56789 wrote:

Come on Penn!

I'm sure they are. Their deposit for the recent acceptances is Monday the 18th, so once they see the yield from that first batch, it will give them an idea as to what flexibility they will have with the 2nd wave. So I can't imagine them accepting even more people before they know who is coming from wave 1.

Interesting.

I hope I go complete in time for it.

engineered madness

Postby engineered madness » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:40 pm

kaiser wrote:
lawschool56789 wrote:

Come on Penn!

i dont know, I am still hoping for some "phasing" within wave 1 ;)

ms2010

Postby ms2010 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:45 pm

Wholigan wrote:
keg411 wrote:

+1. There is someone else ITT outside the top 5% at a lower ranked school, but with a much higher GPA on a really generous curve, who already got into CLS & Penn.

Do you think I should send the remaining schools the quintile breakdown? The highest GPA this year was a 3.8.

lawschool56789

Postby lawschool56789 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:45 pm

flcath wrote:
kaiser wrote:
lawschool56789 wrote:

Come on Penn!

Interesting.

I hope I go complete in time for it.

That's interesting b/c last year Columbia's "first wave" consisted of accepting transfer applicants in 2 or 3 consecutive days. The "first wave" didn't happen all in one day. However, you might be right about this year. It seems that quite a few applicants were admitted to CLS yesterday, suggesting the "first wave" is finished.

kaiser

Postby kaiser » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:49 pm

engineered madness wrote:
kaiser wrote:
lawschool56789 wrote:

Come on Penn!

i dont know, I am still hoping for some "phasing" within wave 1 ;)

Not me. I'm still at "completion pending" almost 2 weeks after submitting. The bigger this first wave is, the lower my chances get :(

ms2010

Postby ms2010 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:50 pm

I think not being complete during the first wave is a GOOD thing. Those of us that were complete during the first wave got passed over for acceptances.

ClarDarr

Postby ClarDarr » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:52 pm

ms2010 wrote:I think not being complete during the first wave is a GOOD thing. Those of us that were complete during the first wave got passed over for acceptances.

Hope you're right! (Though, really I hope we all get in). I'm hoping I do the old completion pending->complete->decision routine today.

keg411

Postby keg411 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:58 pm

Seems like you really do go "complete" at CLS two weeks after submitting, since I hit that date and went complete today. Hang in their, kaiser (though I personally prefer NYU to CLS since the transfer animosity at CLS has been brutal the past few years if you check out the old OCI threads).

That doesn't mean I wouldn't go to CLS in a heartbeat if accepted, though. (Mostly since I think I'm never hearing from NYU)

ms2010

Postby ms2010 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:01 pm

keg411 wrote:Seems like you really do go "complete" at CLS two weeks after submitting, since I hit that date and went complete today. Hang in their, kaiser (though I personally prefer NYU to CLS since the transfer animosity at CLS has been brutal the past few years if you check out the old OCI threads).

That doesn't mean I wouldn't go to CLS in a heartbeat if accepted, though. (Mostly since I think I'm never hearing from NYU)

keg411 - Are we in a similar situation?

Penn: 7/8-7/11 UR
NYU: UR 7/4
CLS: Complete

I went complete at GTown yesterday, but think it's a ding since I haven't got access to the admitted students site.

tww909

Postby tww909 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:06 pm

ms2010 wrote:I think not being complete during the first wave is a GOOD thing. Those of us that were complete during the first wave got passed over for acceptances.

agreement. i went complete on 7/7 at CLS and didn't hear a peep yesterday. i really expected i would have at least heard from more than 3 schools by now.

i'm still waiting at stanford, columbia, chicago, nyu, and michigan, all of which i would take over my only acceptance so far (NU).

ReversedAndRemanded

Postby ReversedAndRemanded » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:11 pm

tww909 wrote:

agreement. i went complete on 7/7 at CLS and didn't hear a peep yesterday. i really expected i would have at least heard from more than 3 schools by now.

i'm still waiting at stanford, columbia, chicago, nyu, and michigan, all of which i would take over my only acceptance so far (NU).

Oh, Columbia... I applied on 6/26, went to Completion Pending on 6/29, and here I sit, def more than 2 weeks later, still sitting at Pending. I e-mailed them, but of course I haven't heard back. Grr

keg411

Postby keg411 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:15 pm

ms2010 wrote:
keg411 wrote:Seems like you really do go "complete" at CLS two weeks after submitting, since I hit that date and went complete today. Hang in their, kaiser (though I personally prefer NYU to CLS since the transfer animosity at CLS has been brutal the past few years if you check out the old OCI threads).

keg411 - Are we in a similar situation?

Penn: 7/8-7/11 UR
NYU: UR 7/4
CLS: Complete

I went complete at GTown yesterday, but think it's a ding since I haven't got access to the admitted students site.

I'm not UR at NYU -- I'm not even complete at NYU :lol:! I just went complete at CLS today. The Penn thing is right, though. (However, there were already rejections in that batch, so I'm guessing we're just being "held" to see what the first-wave yield is).

I also still have a NU app outstanding and have been complete for a while. I'm hesitant to withdraw, because I kind of like the idea of being in Chicago with the crazy BP'ers.

tww909

Postby tww909 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:25 pm

i spoke too soon. just got in at michigan!!!

5% at wisconsin. almost 100% going unless chicago wants to call me like....now.

kaiser

Postby kaiser » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:28 pm

tww909 wrote:i spoke too soon. just got in at michigan!!!

Congrats

keg411

Postby keg411 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:29 pm

Yay! Michigan TLS transfer party :).

tww909

Postby tww909 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:33 pm

keg411 wrote:

Yay! Michigan TLS transfer party :).

thanks!! i agree wholeheartedly. it seems like there are lots of us.

starchinkilt

Postby starchinkilt » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:34 pm

Congrats! PM me if you end up committing and I can add you to the facebook group.

keg411

Postby keg411 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:40 pm

Also, IN at NU via e-mail. Holy crap, I <3 my cycle.

starchinkilt

Postby starchinkilt » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:42 pm

keg411 wrote:Also, IN at NU via e-mail. Holy crap, I <3 my cycle.

Congrats! Talk about having to make a tough decision :lol:

Return to “Transfers”