T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Wholigan

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby Wholigan » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:22 pm

Congrats to all the CLS admits!

maf70

Postby maf70 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:40 pm

Last edited by maf70 on Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pixlbit1

Postby Pixlbit1 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:47 pm

In at Columbia via email at 5:13 pm!!! In total shock!

Wholigan

Postby Wholigan » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:48 pm

maf70 wrote:Dear Michigan:

I really want to go to your school. Please admit me soon. Thanks.

Dear TLSers:

If you got into Michigan and know you're not going to attend send them an email immediately. Everyone who is still waiting will thank you.

Done. Literally just did it now for you, bro.

Vronsky

Postby Vronsky » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:54 pm

jumpojumpo wrote:anyone see the enrollment form on the transfer site? can't find it... anyone else unable to create an AdmitNet? (this is making me feel like my acceptance was a mistake - so someone please confirm so i can get some sleep tonight)

oh, and in around same time as everyone else via email/pdf.

it's on the first page before you login, before you click on orientation stuff. there's an option to do it electronically, or a PDF to print out and mail in. http://www.law.columbia.edu/jd_applicants/transfers

flcath wrote:
lawschoolgrapedme wrote:The whole - we do your apps in the order they go complete is bullshit. I got in to Columbia today. Went complete yesterday.

How long did it take you to go complete after you sent all your stuff in? (Anyone who's complete at CLS can answer this.)

probably took about 1-2 weeks to go complete, but this was in June. they might have faster turn-around time now.
Last edited by Vronsky on Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

engineered madness

Postby engineered madness » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:56 pm

Good man Wholigan, you're a good man.

Same goes for all other CLS admits who don't plan on accepting...thank you all in advance ;)

maf70

Postby maf70 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:03 pm

Last edited by maf70 on Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

flcath

Postby flcath » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:04 pm

Some good dudes ITT.

nstockholm

Postby nstockholm » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:06 pm

Withdrew from CLS as well. Good luck to everyone.

Wholigan

Postby Wholigan » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:10 pm

maf70 wrote:Thanks. I assume this means you chose Penn?

Well, I'm still complete at CLS. I would prefer to work in Philly, so I'm not sure what I'll do if I get CLS. But either way, with my goals it just doesn't make sense to keep holding my spot at Mich, as attractive as Michigan is for transfers and in general.

ms2010

Postby ms2010 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:17 pm

Congrats to everyone as well! Awesome news.

lawyerkobe

Postby lawyerkobe » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:24 pm

Also, I withdrew from CLS and NYU on Sunday night. Wasn't that nice of me? (They sent me an email thanking me for the courtesy-- and maybe for the free money I sent them as app fee.)

Bramwell

Postby Bramwell » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:27 pm

Received the acceptance from CLS at 5:15pm today!

Will withdraw from NYU

chanel1285

Postby chanel1285 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:11 am

Does CLS normally make all of its acceptances in one wave/day? or is there still hope for the rest of us?

Vronsky

Postby Vronsky » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:24 am

chanel1285 wrote:Does CLS normally make all of its acceptances in one wave/day? or is there still hope for the rest of us?

although there were a lot of admits today, i think there will be more because the deposit deadline is Monday. second wave + some rejections next week?

flcath

Postby flcath » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:41 am

chanel1285 wrote:Does CLS normally make all of its acceptances in one wave/day? or is there still hope for the rest of us?

Given the deadline to apply is July 15, that'd be highly fucked up.

floggered

Postby floggered » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:58 am

flcath wrote:

Given the deadline to apply is July 15, that'd be highly [messed] up.

Divining the transfer process is anyone's guess, but it seems like the top schools follow this format:
1. Compile Applications--maybe update status check;
2. Rank Applicants--maybe update status check;
3. Update status check, maybe;
4. [First Wave: Early-Mid July] Offer top W applicants, expecting X applicants to deposit--update those accepted applicant's status check;
5. Wait until deposit day;
6. [Second Wave:Mid-Late July] Offer Y remaining applicants given how many W applicants deposited, expecting Z applicants to accept;
6a. What's a status check?
7. [Gap Fill: Late July-August] Whenever a W and Z applicant decommits, offer the highest-rated applicant on the draft board if within the salary cap;
8. Make movie starring Brad Pitt about the process.

keg411

Postby keg411 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:20 am

Looks like I may end up at Mich by default. Cornell just sent a memo if we didn't enroll by 7/8, then we can't participate in the big NY job fair. I e-mailed for clarification because I haven't heard of this happening there in the past. At Michigan the deadline date for OCI isn't until 7/20 (and even after that, they'll still try to get you in).

It's too bad, because I was leaning Cornell based on family connections, convenience and comfort :( :(.

flcath

Postby flcath » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:24 am

floggered wrote:
flcath wrote:

Divining the transfer process is anyone's guess, but it seems like the top schools follow this format:
4. [First Wave: Early-Mid July] Offer top W applicants, expecting X applicants to deposit--update those accepted applicant's status check;
6. [Second Wave:Mid-Late July] Offer Y remaining applicants given how many W applicants deposited, expecting Z applicants to accept;
7. [Gap Fill: Late July-August] Whenever a W and Z applicant decommits, offer the highest-rated applicant on the draft board if within the salary cap;

I found this extremely difficult to understand.

ClarDarr

Postby ClarDarr » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:28 am

flcath wrote:
floggered wrote:
flcath wrote:

I found this extremely difficult to understand.

Given that I find the transfer application process extremely difficult to understand, that is fitting.

crazyblink653

Postby crazyblink653 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:29 am

keg411 wrote:Looks like I may end up at Mich by default. Cornell just sent a memo if we didn't enroll by 7/8, then we can't participate in the big NY job fair. I e-mailed for clarification because I haven't heard of this happening there in the past. At Michigan the deadline date for OCI isn't until 7/20 (and even after that, they'll still try to get you in).

It's too bad, because I was leaning Cornell based on family connections, convenience and comfort :( :(.

i think Michigan's OCI bid deadline is 7/28. the process doesn't even start until 7/20. at least that's how i read the info in my admit package. i may have misunderstood it though.

Transferthrowaway

Postby Transferthrowaway » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:31 am

In at Y!

Just kidding, has anyone heard from Y? S? (other than the lone soul in the other thread making the claim)

engineered madness

Postby engineered madness » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:33 am

not cool bro, not cool...

keg411

Postby keg411 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:35 am

crazyblink653 wrote:
keg411 wrote:Looks like I may end up at Mich by default. Cornell just sent a memo if we didn't enroll by 7/8, then we can't participate in the big NY job fair. I e-mailed for clarification because I haven't heard of this happening there in the past. At Michigan the deadline date for OCI isn't until 7/20 (and even after that, they'll still try to get you in).

i think Michigan's OCI bid deadline is 7/28. the process doesn't even start until 7/20. at least that's how i read the info in my admit package. i may have misunderstood it though.

I didn't get the admit packet yet. The woman on the phone just said that to fully participate in OCI you need to commit by the 20th, although after that, they would make accommodations for you and you can still participate.

starchinkilt

Postby starchinkilt » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:35 am

crazyblink653 wrote:

Deposit has to be in by the 20th to do OCI; however, they said if they get it after they'll try and squeeze you in. It makes sense: if they get your deposit on the 27th, getting you into the system to finalize your bids by the next day is going to be a pain for them (my deposit was in last week and I still don't have login information etc).

Return to “Transfers”