T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Fishmouse
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:32 am

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby Fishmouse » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:39 pm

Am I seriously the only person here still waiting on harvard. Pm or post if you're still waiting.

jstn1104
Posts: 157
Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:12 am

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby jstn1104 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:57 pm

Anyone know how Columbia notifies? Email?

engineered madness
Posts: 118
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:35 am

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby engineered madness » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:59 pm

It states on the Application Status Checker that email and (snail) mail will be used to notify applicants while the status checker remains the same.

keg411
Posts: 5935
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby keg411 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:16 pm

Also in at Cornell via e-mail :). Now the decision is getting difficult....

User avatar
traehekat
Posts: 3195
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:00 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby traehekat » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:17 pm

keg411 wrote:Also in at Cornell via e-mail :). Now the decision is getting difficult....


nice! you want NYC right? thats tough between mich/cornell for sure.

kaiser
Posts: 2940
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 11:34 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby kaiser » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:22 pm

keg411 wrote:Also in at Cornell via e-mail :). Now the decision is getting difficult....


Given how few transfers they take, getting in there is a really big achievement. Congrats on all the good news.

mebeSajid
Posts: 129
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:05 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby mebeSajid » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:23 pm

Fishmouse wrote:Am I seriously the only person here still waiting on harvard. Pm or post if you're still waiting.


I'm still waiting, but they haven't received my undergrad dean's cert yet.

keg411
Posts: 5935
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby keg411 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:26 pm

traehekat wrote:
keg411 wrote:Also in at Cornell via e-mail :). Now the decision is getting difficult....


nice! you want NYC right? thats tough between mich/cornell for sure.


Yeah. For NYC/NJ, it makes it a really close call.

Also, one of the people I work with goes to Cornell Law and says more people than usual are transferring out, so they might be taking more this year.

User avatar
Wholigan
Posts: 763
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:51 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby Wholigan » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:33 pm

keg411 wrote:Also in at Cornell via e-mail :). Now the decision is getting difficult....


Nice - Ivy-secure and T10 secure, all in one day!

ms2010
Posts: 352
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:47 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby ms2010 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:37 pm

keg411 wrote:Also in at Cornell via e-mail :). Now the decision is getting difficult....


Congrats! No updates here.

kaiser
Posts: 2940
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 11:34 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby kaiser » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:37 pm

jstn1104 wrote:Anyone know how Columbia notifies? Email?


They don't notify. Ever.

User avatar
Wholigan
Posts: 763
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:51 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby Wholigan » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:41 pm

kaiser wrote:
jstn1104 wrote:Anyone know how Columbia notifies? Email?


They don't notify. Ever.


You should complain - seems like NYU doesn't ever notify either - except for you. :)

ms2010
Posts: 352
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:47 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby ms2010 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:43 pm

Apparently none of my schools notify me...

kaiser
Posts: 2940
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 11:34 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby kaiser » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:44 pm

Wholigan wrote:
kaiser wrote:
jstn1104 wrote:Anyone know how Columbia notifies? Email?


They don't notify. Ever.


You should complain - seems like NYU doesn't ever notify either - except for you. :)


Lol, yeah I guess. NYU had me at "processing" for half a month before anything happened. I just wish Columbia would let me know so I can make an ultimate decision. My fault for submitting the app a bit late.

sundance1988
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:34 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby sundance1988 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:46 pm

kaiser wrote:
Wholigan wrote:
kaiser wrote:
jstn1104 wrote:Anyone know how Columbia notifies? Email?


They don't notify. Ever.


You should complain - seems like NYU doesn't ever notify either - except for you. :)


Lol, yeah I guess. NYU had me at "processing" for half a month before anything happened. I just wish Columbia would let me know so I can make an ultimate decision. My fault for submitting the app a bit late.


Did your status change from processing to any intermediate step before receiving your acceptance?

User avatar
Wholigan
Posts: 763
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:51 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby Wholigan » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:46 pm

kaiser wrote:
Wholigan wrote:
kaiser wrote:
jstn1104 wrote:Anyone know how Columbia notifies? Email?


They don't notify. Ever.


You should complain - seems like NYU doesn't ever notify either - except for you. :)


Lol, yeah I guess. NYU had me at "processing" for half a month before anything happened. I just wish Columbia would let me know so I can make an ultimate decision. My fault for submitting the app a bit late.


I have been complete for two weeks at Columbia. I don't think it's your fault for submitting late - unless you expect to be the first one notified at EVERY school!

notsopatient
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:06 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby notsopatient » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:47 pm

I've been processing at NYU since 6/5. Frustrating for sure.

User avatar
tww909
Posts: 247
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:41 am

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby tww909 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:49 pm

notsopatient wrote:I've been processing at NYU since 6/5. Frustrating for sure.


have you called them? i did and it turned out that they didn't realize my law transcripts came with my undergrad transcripts, so they thought i was incomplete.

be ready for them to be rude about it, but it's worth it.

no_more_lurking
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:57 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby no_more_lurking » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:50 pm

Kaiser - are you definitely going with Columbia over NYU if Columbia accepts you?

I'm in at NYU w/ a deposit deadline of this Monday. Went complete at Columbia on the 7th, so I doubt I'll be hearing any time soon.

User avatar
quiver
Posts: 864
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:46 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby quiver » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:51 pm

keg411 wrote:Also in at Cornell via e-mail :). Now the decision is getting difficult....

Congrats again! I also just got the Cornell acceptance email.

ms2010
Posts: 352
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:47 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby ms2010 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:53 pm

Now is when I start thinking I screwed something up on my applications...

notsopatient
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:06 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby notsopatient » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:57 pm

tww909 wrote:
notsopatient wrote:I've been processing at NYU since 6/5. Frustrating for sure.


have you called them? i did and it turned out that they didn't realize my law transcripts came with my undergrad transcripts, so they thought i was incomplete.

be ready for them to be rude about it, but it's worth it.


called on Monday. Was told need to send undergrad transcript directly to them and then I would be sent to committee. UG transcript was sent out on Monday afternoon. they should receive today and I guess I should go complete and hear shortly thereafter.

kaiser
Posts: 2940
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 11:34 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby kaiser » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:58 pm

no_more_lurking wrote:Kaiser - are you definitely going with Columbia over NYU if Columbia accepts you?

I'm in at NYU w/ a deposit deadline of this Monday. Went complete at Columbia on the 7th, so I doubt I'll be hearing any time soon.


I don't know if I would say "definitely". It would be a hard choice. Columbia was always my dream school, but after I got into NYU, and I started researching it a bit more, I'm really impressed. I'm not even complete yet at Columbia so I don't expect much expediency.

YZH
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:23 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby YZH » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:06 pm

Got my first acceptance today :) Cornell! I am seriously overjoyed. It's been a painful year at the school I'm at. Congrats to the other acceptances today! :) :) :)

User avatar
quiver
Posts: 864
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:46 pm

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby quiver » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:12 pm

YZH wrote:Got my first acceptance today :) Cornell! I am seriously overjoyed. It's been a painful year at the school I'm at. Congrats to the other acceptances today! :) :) :)

Congrats!!!


notsopatient wrote:
tww909 wrote:
notsopatient wrote:I've been processing at NYU since 6/5. Frustrating for sure.


have you called them? i did and it turned out that they didn't realize my law transcripts came with my undergrad transcripts, so they thought i was incomplete.

be ready for them to be rude about it, but it's worth it.


called on Monday. Was told need to send undergrad transcript directly to them and then I would be sent to committee. UG transcript was sent out on Monday afternoon. they should receive today and I guess I should go complete and hear shortly thereafter.

I'm still processing at NYU too. I called and they said I had to resend my undergrad documents. Wow.




Return to “Transfers”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.