T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
eattrucks

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby eattrucks » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:24 pm

Fishmouse wrote:Did any harvard admits apply to the law review?
I wonder if people hear back from hlr before they have to decide

I was just about to ask the same thing. I did the write on at H (boy did it suck doing two of those). I haven't heard anything, but I hope that even if I don't get on (which, let's be honest . . .) that the law review folks will somehow notify the Adcomms and then they will be all "Hey, this guy is serious enough about coming here to suffer through seven days of retardation, maybe we should let him in." (pardon my run on sentence and excessive parentheticals)

keg411

Postby keg411 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:27 pm

Wholigan wrote:Thanks - I would say it's very likely that I'll be at Penn. Had I made LR, maybe it'd have been a different story.

Hopefully there will be another wave including some of you guys that are still UCR.

Agreed. I'm strongly leaning towards GULC at this point (working on the journal competition). Of course, that's barring an acceptance from pretty much anywhere else I applied :lol:.

ms2010

Postby ms2010 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:30 pm

keg411 wrote:
Wholigan wrote:Thanks - I would say it's very likely that I'll be at Penn. Had I made LR, maybe it'd have been a different story.

Hopefully there will be another wave including some of you guys that are still UCR.

Agreed. I'm strongly leaning towards GULC at this point (working on the journal competition). Of course, that's barring an acceptance from pretty much anywhere else I applied :lol:.

Looks like I'm staying at my current school at the moment. Bracing for some mass rejections here.

Fishmouse

Postby Fishmouse » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:33 pm

eattrucks wrote:

I was just about to ask the same thing. I did the write on at H (boy did it suck doing two of those). I haven't heard anything, but I hope that even if I don't get on (which, let's be honest . . .) that the law review folks will somehow notify the Adcomms and then they will be all "Hey, this guy is serious enough about coming here to suffer through seven days of retardation, maybe we should let him in." (pardon my run on sentence and excessive parentheticals)

It seems like every year H accepts a bunch of people this week and bunch next week. Maybe, just maybe, next week admits are people who did theaw review competition.

YZH

Postby YZH » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:55 pm

Hey everyone, I so appreciate the updates everyone gives, so I thought I'd return the favor. Rejected by UVA at 12:41 mountain time. Status checker says this:

Current Status: App. for Transfer Admission Denied
Current Status Date: 7/12/2011

Not so heartbroken b/c UVA wasn't necessarily at the top of my list, but this is the first school I've heard back from and feels a little scary. I'm Top 5% at a school in the 70s, great softs, don't know about law review yet, Georgetown undergrad.

:) Crossing my fingers, but congrats to everyone with acceptances! I know you've all worked really hard so please enjoy the rewards. For those of you like me, best of luck, we'll get through this! :)

Wholigan

Postby Wholigan » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:58 pm

keg411 wrote:

Ugh... not looking forward to another journal comp. On the plus side, the journal comp for transfers at Penn is an editing competition in an exam room under proctored conditions. I guess I'd prefer that, since I'm evidently much better at blitzing shit for a few hours than sitting around doing a note for three weeks. :lol:

D.Wilde

Postby D.Wilde » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:59 pm

Fishmouse wrote:
eattrucks wrote:

It seems like every year H accepts a bunch of people this week and bunch next week. Maybe, just maybe, next week admits are people who did theaw review competition.

Dear HLS Transfer Applicants who Haven't Heard Anything:

Calm. Down. I repeat: Last year, a significant portion of the admitted transfers (myself included) didn't hear until 7/20 or later. Also, I did not do the law review competition. We tried to determine a rhyme or reason to the waves of decisions, but there was none that we could identify. Don't try to ascribe deep significance to the delay, and don't count yourselves out. It is WAY too early for that.

Also, this applies to many schools. It is far too early in the summer for transfers to be "[b]racing for some mass rejections."

ms2010

Postby ms2010 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:59 pm

Wholigan wrote:
keg411 wrote:

Ugh... not looking forward to another journal comp. On the plus side, the journal comp for transfers at Penn is an editing competition in an exam room under proctored conditions. I guess I'd prefer that, since I'm evidently much better at blitzing shit for a few hours than sitting around doing a note for three weeks. :lol:

I was lucky at my current school and graded on to LR. So haven't done any journal competitions.

lightlycurious

Postby lightlycurious » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:02 pm

has there really only been 1 decision from NYU (and none from CLS)? i've been UR at NYU as of 6/27 and thought there might be a decision this week - anyone know what their timetable has looked like in previous years?

keg411

Postby keg411 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:12 pm

Wholigan wrote:
keg411 wrote:

The GULC competition is way to close to the one at our school for my comfort. Now this makes me wish I got Penn even more :lol:.

Fishmouse

Postby Fishmouse » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:23 pm

D.Wilde wrote:
Fishmouse wrote:
eattrucks wrote:

Dear HLS Transfer Applicants who Haven't Heard Anything:

Calm. Down. I repeat: Last year, a significant portion of the admitted transfers (myself included) didn't hear until 7/20 or later. Also, I did not do the law review competition. We tried to determine a rhyme or reason to the waves of decisions, but there was none that we could identify. Don't try to ascribe deep significance to the delay, and don't count yourselves out. It is WAY too early for that.

Also, this applies to many schools. It is far too early in the summer for transfers to be "[b]racing for some mass rejections."

Yea, but were't there essentially only two days (12 and 20th) of admits last year? This year there have already been two days with a whole lot of transfer admits (8 and 11th) and it seems like more have already been admitted on tls than last year total.

lawschoolgrapedme

Postby lawschoolgrapedme » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:37 pm

Well...still havent gotten decisions from NYU, Columbia, or Chicago...NU here I come

lawstudent1986

Postby lawstudent1986 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:39 pm

Nice, just rejected from Harvard. Feels good to at least finally hear from a school!

Wholigan

Postby Wholigan » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:41 pm

lawstudent1986 wrote:Nice, just rejected from Harvard. Feels good to at least finally hear from a school!

Same. No surprise there.

notsopatient

Postby notsopatient » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:45 pm

rejected from Harvard. in at GTown earlier in the day.

tww909

Postby tww909 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:45 pm

lawschoolgrapedme wrote:Well...still havent gotten decisions from NYU, Columbia, or Chicago...NU here I come

same here. i'm going to visit this coming monday. i really hope i can at least hear before the deposit deadline.

Haskell83

Postby Haskell83 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:46 pm

Did harvard email you guys the rejection or did the status change?

lawstudent1986

Postby lawstudent1986 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:46 pm

Haskell83 wrote:Did harvard email you guys the rejection or did the status change?

email
(top 5-10% @ T20 fwiw)

Wholigan

Postby Wholigan » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:47 pm

Haskell83 wrote:Did harvard email you guys the rejection or did the status change?

Both.

Haskell83

Postby Haskell83 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:49 pm

What does it say in the status field?

lawstudent1986

Postby lawstudent1986 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:50 pm

Haskell83 wrote:What does it say in the status field?

Decision rendered 7/12

Regionality

Postby Regionality » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:50 pm

"Your sorry ass got rejected"?

arthurhk

Postby arthurhk » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:53 pm

lawstudent1986 wrote:

Decision rendered 7/12

When did your status change to "Ready for review"

lawstudent1986

Postby lawstudent1986 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:55 pm

arthurhk wrote:
lawstudent1986 wrote:

Decision rendered 7/12

umm.. 6/24 or 6/27, i forget which one

ReversedAndRemanded

Postby ReversedAndRemanded » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:57 pm

lawstudent1986 wrote:
arthurhk wrote:
lawstudent1986 wrote:

Decision rendered 7/12

umm.. 6/24 or 6/27, i forget which one

I think mine changed around 7/5 or 6. I know I wasn't complete til the 1st.

Return to “Transfers”