T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
missinglink

Re: T14 Transfer Status Change Thread

Postby missinglink » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:35 pm

DeSimone wrote:Ding email from Chicago seconds ago. ED deferree.

keg411

Postby keg411 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:56 pm

ms2010 wrote:
hds2388 wrote:To all those still waiting on Penn, I have a good feeling about tomorrow! (let's hope anyway.... I need to recruit a roommate!)

Hoping here as well.

+1.

Transferthrowaway

Postby Transferthrowaway » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:33 pm

Was waitlisted at Chicago this afternoon. Received a call about an hour later saying it was a mistake and I was actually accepted. Pretty excited.

quiver

Postby quiver » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:34 pm

missinglink wrote:
DeSimone wrote:Ding email from Chicago seconds ago. ED deferree.

same

Nacirema

Postby Nacirema » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:19 pm

So what does it mean, if we are still under review at UChicago?

Chiglaw

Postby Chiglaw » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:44 pm

Nacirema wrote:So what does it mean, if we are still under review at UChicago?

Probably means we weren't the cut and dry ins or outs. Hoping my app is slightly more in than out.

Fishmouse

Postby Fishmouse » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:52 pm

many people still waiting on H? anybody waiting think they have a decent chance?

calgirl

Postby calgirl » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:21 am

Hey all!

New to this thread, and just a few weeks ago joined TLS.com.

Got into Harvard last Friday (7/8). Also accepted to Berkeley & UCLA on 6/17. Waiting on Stanford - they are taking their sweet time...
but VERY excited about Harvard.

Anyone need a room-mate? I'm a 24 year old female from Orange, California. Looking for a place close to campus, for 750$. :)

Peeblepop

Postby Peeblepop » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:53 am

calgirl wrote:Hey all!

Got into Harvard last Friday (7/8). Also accepted to Berkeley & UCLA on 6/17. Waiting on Stanford - they are taking their sweet time...

Anyone need a room-mate? I'm a 24 year old female from Orange, California. Looking for a place close to campus, for 750$. :)

Well, that probably depends on what school you end up going to and your personal hygiene.

calgirl

Postby calgirl » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:33 am

Peeblepop wrote:

Well, that probably depends on what school you end up going to and your personal hygiene.

lol. that is definitely feasible at Berkeley. I found a nice room for 700$ all utilities included 4 blocks from campus. My guess is you are indicating not so around Harvard? I figured since Cal is a very expensive place, it would be feasible to find places within the same range out East.

What is a average rent around Cambridge?

Peeblepop

Postby Peeblepop » Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:56 am

calgirl wrote:
Peeblepop wrote:

lol. that is definitely feasible at Berkeley. I found a nice room for 700$ all utilities included 4 blocks from campus. My guess is you are indicating not so around Harvard? I figured since Cal is a very expensive place, it would be feasible to find places within the same range out East.

Ha, no, I just meant that whether anyone wants to be your roommate might depend on what school you're going to. If you go to Berkley, I don't think we would make good roommates. That's a long commute to Cambridge every morning.

D.Wilde

Postby D.Wilde » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:24 am

calgirl wrote:
Peeblepop wrote:

It'll be very difficult to find a place that close to campus for that cheap. Most of the 1 bedroom apts around here range from $1400-1600 if you're right near campus. Of course, if you're willing to live in Davis square (1.5 train stops away, probably a 20-30 minute commute), prices go down dramatically. Alternatively, finding roommates would probably help, but I have no idea what the 2+ bedroom prices look like.

Oh, and CONGRATULATIONS!

Transferthrowaway

Postby Transferthrowaway » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:29 am

What are chances at H like for those who still haven't heard? I'm currently in at Chicago and another student at my current LS who is also top 1-2% received an acceptance from H yesterday. I doubt they would want to take more than one from the same school?

D.Wilde

Postby D.Wilde » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:45 am

Transferthrowaway wrote:What are chances at H like for those who still haven't heard? I'm currently in at Chicago and another student at my current LS who is also top 1-2% received an acceptance from H yesterday. I doubt they would want to take more than one from the same school?

Seriously, don't give up hope. Last year, many schools had multiple transfers accepted to HLS, and many of them came in waves. There were three transfers admitted from my T25 school, and I know for a fact that one got in around 2 weeks before I did, and I wasn't admitted until around 7/20. You still have a chance.

fanlinxun

Postby fanlinxun » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:14 am

What are the chances of Penn sending out a wave of decisions today? Been under review (second change) since June 30. I guess we are about to find out how honest the status checker page is because it says three weeks from date of completion. Tomorrow marks three weeks for me.

ms2010

Postby ms2010 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:17 am

fanlinxun wrote:What are the chances of Penn sending out a wave of decisions today? Been under review (second change) since June 30. I guess we are about to find out how honest the status checker page is because it says three weeks from date of completion. Tomorrow marks three weeks for me.

I like to think so, but there's a side of me that feels like they'll wait until Thursday to see who from the first wave doesn't deposit.

Vronsky

Postby Vronsky » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:18 am

fanlinxun wrote:What are the chances of Penn sending out a wave of decisions today? Been under review (second change) since June 30. I guess we are about to find out how honest the status checker page is because it says three weeks from date of completion. Tomorrow marks three weeks for me.

let's keep thinking: today's the day!

I have also been UR since 6/30 after updating from UR on 6/24. It's my understanding that two people review every application, so it sounds like we've been reviewed, and are now just waiting. I'm optimistic that there will be movement today or this week, but it might actually be on Friday after the deposit deadline on Thursday. We'll see.

crazyblink653

Postby crazyblink653 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:18 am

i'm in the same position. i'm thinking we should hear by the end of the week. if i don't i may just withdraw my application, since i've already been admitted at Michigan and need to decide whether i'm going by early next week in order to participate in their OCI bidding.

kaiser

Postby kaiser » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:22 am

Ug, still "completion pending" at Columbia. Need to submit my NYU deposit by Monday if I want to go there. I guess by the end of the week, I will need to call Columbia and beg them to let me know ASAP (which of course will get me hung up on).

SniperBarbie

Postby SniperBarbie » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:28 am

kaiser wrote:Ug, still "completion pending" at Columbia. Need to submit my NYU deposit by Monday if I want to go there. I guess by the end of the week, I will need to call Columbia and beg them to let me know ASAP (which of course will get me hung up on).

Do it now do it now. I'm impatient. And too much of a pansy to do it myself.

Gary Sanchez

Postby Gary Sanchez » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:31 am

IN @ harvard via voicemail this morning (holy crap)

t45 #1

Regionality

Postby Regionality » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:33 am

Congrats to all the admits so far!

Has anyone heard anything from Stanford? I'm in at Berkeley and Stanford is the only one I haven't heard from.

Does anyone think a "I need to know soon because I need to start my life at Berkeley" email to Stanford would speed the process up one iota? Or would they just be like "Dude, whatever, we're Stanford. You're gonna wait and if you don't, whatever, we're still Stanford."

Gary Sanchez

Postby Gary Sanchez » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:35 am

Regionality wrote:Congrats to all the admits so far!

Has anyone heard anything from Stanford? I'm in at Berkeley and Stanford is the only one I haven't heard from.

Does anyone think a "I need to know soon because I need to start my life at Berkeley" email to Stanford would speed the process up one iota? Or would they just be like "Dude, whatever, we're Stanford. You're gonna wait and if you don't, whatever, we're still Stanford."

I gave that same call to stanford after I was admitted to Berkeley, they couldn't care less.

eattrucks

Postby eattrucks » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:57 am

Gary Sanchez wrote:IN @ harvard via voicemail this morning (holy crap)

t45 #1

Congrats man! Here's hoping for more (especially in the t45-ish range).

calgirl

Postby calgirl » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:23 am

D.Wilde wrote:
calgirl wrote:
Peeblepop wrote:

It'll be very difficult to find a place that close to campus for that cheap. Most of the 1 bedroom apts around here range from $1400-1600 if you're right near campus. Of course, if you're willing to live in Davis square (1.5 train stops away, probably a 20-30 minute commute), prices go down dramatically. Alternatively, finding roommates would probably help, but I have no idea what the 2+ bedroom prices look like.

Oh, and CONGRATULATIONS!

Thanks ! :D

Return to “Transfers”