DeSimone wrote: keg411 wrote:
Vronsky wrote:So this is slightly off topic but I didn't want to start a new thread.
I got my $800 Georgetown deadline pushed back to Wednesday 7/6, and I'm Under Review at Penn (updated 6/24 then 6/30) and NYU (6/24). I really think that this is the week we start to see a lot of activity. Obviously if I get into one of the 4 schools remaining, I can safely decline at Georgetown.
1) Is it appropriate to email or call the schools that I'm under review and tell them that I'm hoping for an acceptance before my deposit is due at GTown? 2) If so, exactly how to phrase this?
From last year's dates, Penn/NYU decisions didn't come out until way later in the month.
Did they also start reviewing around the same time (end of June)? I was hoping it wouldn't take more than another week or so to hear from them...
So I emailed NYU yesterday but didn't get a response. Was thinking of giving Penn a call. But of course I don't want to damage my candidacy....
Well, since today's the day, i gotta decide: just eat the $800 Gtown deposit, or just go all-in with HCNP and just stay at my T2 if i don't get one of them.